My First Stupid Question

Guest Nishka

I agree. It should furnish everything except the desired engine. If it's a good Pinto then there's no reason not to use it and swap it several years down the line (or any other time at your leisure). If it's a CVH then so be it you still need a Pinto so look-out for a 2.0 either in a car or not depending on how you're fixed for breaking a second vehicle or just storing it whilst you extract an engine.

It's not far from me so if you want to go and have a look with someone who can show you which bits you'll need to be in good shape then give me a shout.

Iain

Guest chris brown
If it's a CVH then so be it you still need a Pinto so look-out for a 2.0
Then inform DVLA that the car you have SORNd has had an engine change and they will amend the V5 so at Build check it will be correct and an age related plate will be isued with no hastle ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When you do find a donor, and if your lucky enough to find a ghia, glxi etc ur gonna have loads of fun with the extra wiring, with electric mirrors, seats, windows, doors and roof etc!!

Dont worry though its easy enough once you get your head round it, just make sure you label EVERYTHING as you go, then when its all laid out you can decide what you do and do not need - better safe than sorry!

Ive gone through about 5 donors (for various reasons) and never paid more than £50 for one, now ive got it down to stripping a car within about a week, after coming home from work about seven and working for a few hours each night, you will soon have it done in no time - ur neighbours will hate you though! ha ha!

Sods law says that you'll spend ages looking for one then hundreds will apear at once!

make sure you rob it for spares to, sierras are becoming a rarity in scrappies these days (well at least in Portsmouth they are). The scrappies are full of chav boy racers who cant handle any more power than a 1.2 corsa so end up writing off all their financed, HP jap crap and clogging up the scrappies!

Stu :D

I also have a 1.8 pinto, and agree there is nothing wrong with it....

I have 1.8 pinto too!!! It's a bit slow, the pierburg carb is useless (swapped for a webber)as is all the electonic garbage (now points). But as a donor it is good as all the brakes etc are fom the 2l

Pete