Wet Weather Gear

Guest madgit99

Guest madgit99

I have just got my self a nice second hand RH.

at last a small dream come true.

but now am after wet weather gear for it so I can drive it a few more days than just the one or two that are sunny in England.

Does any one know where I could get this from??

Hi Madgit :lol:

Did your parents really name you that? :lol:

I got my hood and side screens from Robin Hood themselves, it's quite good but a bugger to fit, the rain still comes in through the poppers at the top of the windscreen but that seems to be the norm.

Lots of people have used other sources so I'll leave them to comment.

Guest madgit99

yep its a sad fact that parents always name there kids the strangest of names. :p

Think I have the standard stuff with the car.... just got told about the rain still coming in.

I was just hopping on the off chance that I may be able to stay dry!

B)

There are various degrees of dryness. It's pretty easy to get a roof to keep you fairly dry in moderate conditions, but its very difficult to get a hood with no leaks what so ever. In between is a lot of adjustments and possibly the odd modification too.

Yep, like moving the windscreen!

My rear end doesn't extend down the back of the car far enough for reliable popper fixing so I made some tags using seat belt webbing.

I just went down to the local car place in the glorious sunshine to get some valve oil seals (next job) and it started chucking it down, hood on and life was good again! :rolleyes:

To add insult to injury the sun is now shining :angry:

Guest salty_monk

Have driven mine in pretty hard rain on A roads & the motorways with not too much water ingress... Need to bond a D shape seal to the top of the windscreen just to keep it out there (that's the only place it comes in at the mo, 2 teatowels on the dash are the short term cure!) & I'll be sorted...

Mine is fitted with the Anti Roll Bar only as a support no other pieces...

Guest madgit99

tea towles it is then! ... :rolleyes: ... for the time being anyhow!

and live with out a rear one for the moment... go from place to place and stay in a garage!! or at least try to!

will attempt the rest of the ideas once i get the car. still sat in friends garage at the moment... and they have gone away. :( no fair!

least it is dry!

Guest Petemate

Madgit99 from Oldgit Pete - Madgit99 from Oldgit Pete - over.... :p

I'm in Kennington, by and on the same side as the school, in the small service road. Identifiable by the trailer in the front (my lad's for track days WHEN he finishes his 'Busa Rush..... :lol: )

Pop in any time when you see my (Banham donor) grey Metro diesel there, to have a larf at my build :D , but not for the next 10 days as I'm working and covering for my oppo who goes on Hol tomorrow. :angry: (I'm at home today up to beddybyes <_< )

Pete(Oldgit)

Guest Andy Rathbone

pete,

if your covering this neck of the woods as i know you do at times pop in for a brew,

PM me if you need me to refresh your memory of my mobile num just to make sure i'm in ;) your more than welcome and i'm nearly road legal :D (any excuse for a blast :D )

Guest madgit99

Well the news is the weather report for the weekend is going to be a little dryer so hopefully the tea towles can stay in the draw.

Am based in Banbury.. but then again any excuse for a drive is good.

Car is allready fully road worthy.. did the cheats part and got one that was made. :D

Thou I would love to have the time to build one of my own... one day.. (starts to dream!!!) hmmmmm!

Guest madgit99

Well I have got her... and boy is she good!!

Now tucked away in my garage ready to be used when ever I want. :D

Just working out if the gear I have is actually the wet weather gear or not.

Has any one got the offical gear?

And if so could some one post a pic of what it should look like.

I'm a little un-sure that the roof I have is a proper one. Clips don't quite fit.

On a seperate note, what is the proper lik for the Robin Hood Web site.. do they have one? or are the owners club ones the only one's out there?