Sierra Models

Guest cjbailey

Guest cjbailey

I know virtually nothing about sierra's :unsure: , so I will probably ask questions that are fairly obvious to most of you!

Are the parts (except the engine and the ancils) on the 2.0 DOHC sierra the same as on the normal 2.0? I have been told that a friend of a friend has one which he is breaking and I can prob have a load of prts off.

Any advice on what parts I can and cannot use would be happily received!.

Also, can I do a straight engine swap from a 1.6 to a 2.0?

Many Thanks.

Guest DaveB

Hi Chris

First check that its a Pinto engine exhaust manifold on the drives side. Second check that it's a type 9 gearbox press gearlever down left and up. The other 5 speed gearbox (MT75 Type) used with the DOHC does fit with a squeeze but you need a different prop shaft. I am using a Type 9 gearbox from a DOHC G reg Sapphire front disc brakes complete rear suspension with coil over front and back all fits OK. My engine is a rebuilt transit block with hi comp pistons and I am using an injection head with cut down vellum chamber from a Grannie. Basically old Sierra's before DOHC are good for engines and gearboxs and the newer DOHC are ok for brakes and suspension bits. For a complete list of parts needed from the donor have a look in the build tips on the RHOCAR site.

Cheers

Dave :D :D