Injection To Carbs!

Guest robbie

Guest robbie

As many of you may well know by now I am struggling with the electrics on a 2.0 litre pinto that I have taken the injection system off in favour for twin 40 dellortos.

Would like to hear from anyone who has done similar, particularly how they wired in amplifer, coil, and perhaps Vicky Green loom.

I cannot see how advance/retard system might work.

Any help appreciated.

Hopefully

Robbie

Guest Simon cooper

Hi Robbie,

unless you intend keeping the injection ECU (I sugest you don't) the advance/retard system will not work. You will need the disi, amp and associated wiring from a carbed Sierra. It is simplicity itself to wire in. you only need one feed. Get down to the scrappy and get a Sierra disi which has a vacuum advance unit, the wiring that is between the disi and the amp, the amp and its multi plug and the coil. If you want to tidy up the wiring then all you will need is the amp multi plug and about 6 inches of the wiring from it. When you have that lot, drop me a line and i will tell you which bit goes where.

Simon

Last month's as in the one with April on the cover, or last months as in the last edition, ie with May on the cover? June's is the one that has just come out, right?

The one with May on the cover (I think). You're right that June's is due any day (in fact it may be sat on the doormat as I type). If you can't get the older one I could probably sort something out from my copy (but not copying the relevant pages complete coz that would probably violate a copyright law - yeah right).

Iain

Guest robbie

Nice one, can you fax me "copy" of said article. Getting near the end of wiring and need to resolve this problem. I am having great difficulty tracking down a suitable dizzy. Stock car men have wiped out most of the scrappies I have tried. Any alternatives?

Keep the advise rolling!

Robbie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paul thompson
You will need the disi, amp and associated wiring from a carbed Sierra

I replaced Injection with a Normal Webber carb (for later replacement with twins) and used the Injection Disi. It works fine. I got the ECU carb manifold, coil and wiring from the carb car but used the Inj did as they were the same. The advance works via a vac tube to the ECU from the manifold. I was told after the fact that it is possible to use the Injection ECU as it doesn't care if the signal it send to the injectors is recieved or not. you do however need to use the airflow meter.

PAul

Robbie,

I'll dig out the classic Ford in question and see about scanning the relevant pages. I may even be able to supply some of the bits. I'm going to be digging around in my lock-up over the next few days so I'll let you know what I find - I'm sure there's a dizzy and amplifier of the sort you need in there. Unless you've sorted it already - I've been out of it for a while moving house.

Iain

Guest robbie

Thanks guys, I already have recon dizzy (£90) and now need to know how the wiring from VG loom goes!

There are two wires from VG loom and two from new dizzy. All are low tension or at least appear to be, but I am not sure how they connect to coil.

Has anyone got the answer?

Ta

Robbie

Guest stevey

my slant on this for what it is worth I fitted a distributer from a mk5 Cortina normal coil and on the viki green the 2 wires(white & white/black)fit either side of coil, one of which powers tacho, and hey presto all runs very sweetly and I know I am in the dark ages but at least I have a fighting chance of fixing it on the side of the road without spare ecu's being carried :D