Chassis Number Again!

Dave R

just been sent form 627/1 and a v55/5 by the dvla cos northampton wont let me make my own up :angry:

the v627 is fairly staright forward

but not sure how much of the 55/5 i can fill in ?

anyone had to do one recently ?

Guest Andy C

Dave, recommend you get in touch with Paul Jepson at Kit Car Registrations (01189 842303). For £35 he'll sort it all out for you.- fill in the forms and all.

As regards the chassis number, I rang the local VRO (in my case, Reading) and they allocated me one. Apparently Reading reckon that making your own up is not a hanging offence but they prefer if it is in the standard format (ie let them issue it).

Best of luck.

Andy C

Guest Sean Timney

Hi guys,

This is just my advice...you can make this really simple...honest ;)

Just ring your local DVLA office and ask them to come out and give you a build up inspection (I did before MOT)...they will come to your house, make sure it's a car that you've built and issue you a chassis number...... that's if you've sent them a letter beforehand...once there, the nice person from DVLA will help you fill in all of the required documentation to register the car....then once you have ur mac50, then go to the DVLA office and hand in your docs......next thing....reg plate.........

Sean.

Guest Battery Bill

Sean

Thats not always the case :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In Lincoln you do the build up inspection "After" the SVA :D

And you drive your car to them and they issue the number there and then :D

Your right about getting them to help with the forms We went to them the first time they did all the forms there and then But they also issued us a chassis number, I think I could have waffled and said it was already stamped on the chassis but I wanted to keep them happy :D

Oh and Mitch.... No :p :p