Lakes Run Out Sunday 17th Oct

Big Jim

One of the problems with so many cars being in such a large group, is finding somewhere we could stop and park up. We finally stopped on the grass verge, had our butties & brews. The ladies walked back to the local pub, the lads watered the drystone walls.

post-2-1098041462.jpg

A big thank you from the six North East Hoods who made it to the Lakes. We set off from Durham at 9.00 in heavy rain hoods up and did very well to get to Windermere before Noon. We had a flat tyre outside Kendal and were lucky to get through town in convoy.

So, sorry everyone for being a bit late but when we got to a decent lay-bye we stopped to lick our wounds and get the hoods off before gassing up and joining you Lads.

We would like to come out again next time, when is the next run? We will have CB's too.

post-2-1098124751.jpg

A big thank you from the six North East Hoods who made it to the Lakes.

I was a pleasure to have your company, I'm glad you enjoyed the run, and that you all got home in one piece. there are thoughts about organising a long weekend, camping & runs out etc. next summer. you never know, some of those southerners might come up for a long weekend, although it could be a bit too hilly for them, they are only used to smooth little hills! :lol: :lol:

we'll do some investigating! :)

What about one of the hill climb events? Near Barbon we found a good pub and I bet there is a campsite near by. If we talk to them nice we could have a run at the hill too!