Injection Fuel Pressure

Guest daveg

All

Does anyone know what pressures I can expect if I try and measure fuel pressure?

RS Components have a sensor that I might buy, there are two choices either 0-4 bar or 0-10 bar. Obviously the 0-4 would be more accurate but only if the pressure doesn't exceed 4 bar (about 60 psi)

Dave

PS Its my Red Top thats sick :boohoo:

The Bosch fuel pumps are only rated to 4 or 5 bar absolute pressure at maximum (3 or 4 bar gauge). The 0 to 4 will be fine. Not sure why you'd want one though. The fuel pressure is regulated to be slightly higher than manifold pressure, ie a little over 1 bar at most. Why not fit a vacuum gauge? I've got one and it's fab :D

Except I've sold it ... Hmm! :unsure:

Ant

Ant

I have a fault that is hard to trace...so I am thinking of using a scope to measure waveforms and pressure etc... :(

I also want to measure current going to injectors and spark plugs in a non invasive manor so maybe I will make up a ferrite ring with a coil winding...

Its all fun...but its stopping me working on the 2b :boohoo:

Dave

Guest timswait

I think Dave's trying to measure fuel rail pressure not manifold pressure, so a vacuum gauge isn't any use. I have a CD which garages use for looking up all kinds of technical data, so if you want exact values I can look them up.

Is it carbs or fuel injection? I think from memory that the fuel rail pressure should be 2.5 bar at low load raising to 3.5 bar at maximum load for the Pinto EFi. This is controlled by the pressure regulator, with the vacuum pipe connected it should be 2.5, with it disconnected 3.5. I'm not sure how this applies to a Vauxhall, if it's carbs it should be much lower than this. Either way the 0-4 bar gauge should be fine.

do you mind if you have a current output or a voltage output from this sensor ?

may have one that you can have to less that rs prices!

its voltage and was ordered in error so is unused

will sort it out later to see what range it is but i am sure its in the right sort or range you need