Four Branch

Guest piddy

The engine laquer that I used is surposed to be red to match the GRP panels but it did turn out to have a bit of a pink tinge. It'll look OK with the bonnet closed. The four branch fits fine with the alternator there, plenty of clearance.

Guest TerryBarry

I experimented with the alternator mounted high

I decided against this because the regulator package was very close to the No1 exhaust pipe.

I went for a low mounting on the basis that the alternator would deal better with being occasionally sprayed with water rather than constant roasting.

Guest Mike Perry

We still have'nt finally fitted our alternator, but for sure with the four branch; it's just to tight to fit high, so underneath is where ours will be.

Guess we might consder a splash guard if water becomes a problem.

Hi

Im in the middle of an engine swop on my S7 and was going to get the RHSC four branch manifold, then a mate of mine said he had a 4 into 2 into 1 manifold out of his Pilgrim Sumo sitting in his loft from when his car had a 2.0L pinto in it (now got a 3.0L V6 fitted). With a bit of modification i.e. cutting and weldding it fits a treat and the alternator is still in it's original place. sounds good to with a Chomezone stage 2 box on it. WIINNER :D Thanks Martin nice one mate ;)

Chris