Sva With Windscreen

Guest Si_P

In your humble opinion!

Yes, in my humble opinion. It stops you doing anything else, especially if you've got the titanium panels (which are gorgeous! IMHO!) It also means that if you go to one of the SVA centres mentioned on here a few months ago, without the screen fitted, but with these *manholes* in your scuttle, they will fail you!

without the holes, you have the choice of fitting them or not, you could even go without demisters completely, but fit the screen etc. post SVA.

Think about it.

:wacko: :D is there any problem with the type of screws used in the screen support brackets, and what about the bolts holding the brackets to the scuttle should they be domed, Iv'e used countersunk slotted screws to fix screen I hope this is ok :unsure:

Guest chris.childs

Mine failed with the screen on because of the wipers, due their positioning and the height of the screen there was an area to the top right (drivers side when sat in car) which is not caught by the sweep of the wipers. This was considered a fail, and the only solution they were able to suggest was move the wiper pivot point all the way across to the drivers side and park them on the opposite side (passenger side).

Guest Petemate

Hi Chris

I take it you invited this idiot to stand on his head in the car and re-site said wheel-box for you? :ph34r:

Seriously, I suppose the safest thing for us is to have the wipers park on the passenger side; gives them a chance to sweep a bit more of the driver's half of the screen.

Pete(Oldgit)