Rollbar Camera Mount

Guest rizla

:) i bought one of these a long time ago from maplin,now its vanished of the face of the earth,and maplin no longer sell them

does anyone know where i can buy one from,or is it a case of making something myself(bit dodgy cameras exspencive)

ive now sorted putting vidio to digital with the help of others but want to do some incar footage to send to my dad who lives in spain

your help would be greatly recieved

andy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TerryBarry

If you search for something like 'camera mounts' in Google it will come up with loads of links.

One of my sons uses a small camera head unit (about 25mm dia x 80mm long) mounted on the front of his snow & mountain boards. This connects to his main camera strapped to his body.

When he gets in I'll check on the details and post more info.

:) that will be great terry,ive done lots of searches and the nearest i can find is a screen mount(like what the old bill use)if i have to fabricate somthing i think their will be a market for one

Guest TerryBarry

Got some more information on that camera.

It's a Sony Bullet waterproof camera (Hi-Res)

The camera, lenses & hoods were supplied by RF Concepts - CCTV Products - Cameras Page 1

There's loads of info on their site - the price depends a lot on resolution.

Here's a pic of it on it's board mounting - hand held for size comparison

The main bracket was fabricated from 2mm sheet steel and the sleeve is from a Hood S/S offcut

Guest TerryBarry

Yes - these cost around £100. The advantage is that the main camera ( expensive bit) is safely tucked away in the car and the bullet cam is small - no wind resistance etc and also makes an excellent helmet cam :ph34r: