Sva.

Guest STEVE OXON

Guest STEVE OXON

:) Having spoken to sva at leighton buzzard on friday regarding top mounts for seat belts on a 2b, you know, the two tubes welded on the square section both sides. It appears that this was decided as perfectly acceptable about a year ago and you dont need to bolt through the square section after all................excellent result.

Also red rear fog light can be used on dip, or main or both, as long as its got a ''telltale warning to the driver''

so thats a couple off problems out of the way

cheers guys( and ladies)

steve

(edited by Mat to remove all caps)

Guest TerryBarry
AS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND YOU DONT NEED TO BOLT THROUGH THE SQUARE SECTION AFTER ALL

I wonder if that information has filtered down to Yeading or Mitcham yet

Anyway thanks for the information Steve

Cheers,

Hi Steve,

My 2B passed at Leighton Buzzard a few weeks ago (2nd attempt) but one of the things it failed on were sharp edges on the top harness fixings (no prob about the tube being welded onto the back of the chassis rail). I covered them with the triangular plastic seat belt covers from my Astra's rear belts for the second visit and they were OK.

The one thing they were hot on at LB was the body covering the wheels - not a problem with cycle wings but you might have to reposition the clamshells, if you have them, further forward than shown on the video to ensure the front wheel (not the tyre) is under the body plan.

Best of luck.

Andy C

Guest STEVE OXON

ah. thanks andy.

i have cycle wings with 195-50x15 tyres they look a bit marginal at the moment,i hope they will get thru .if not i shall have to borrow some skinny tyres,

who did you have as your examiner? i spoke to 'steve' at l.b last week. very helpful. he told me he had curtailed a robin hood sva last week cos of fuel p...ing out one end and watwer pi...ing out the other end...........hope it wasnt yours

cheers steve

No, it wasn't mine, thanks Steve.

Apart from refusing to idle properly, it was very well behaved throughout the test(s) - which when you think I hadn't driven it more than up and down the road a couple of times before the test then asked her to go 35 miles in the p**ing rain from High Wycombe, was rather fortunate - I'm surprised more don't arrive at the SVA leaking from one end or the other!

My original examiner was a chap called John but he's gone off abroad for a couple of months so Steve did my retest. Both were helpful and fair. I reckon you'll be OK with the cycle wings provided they are mounted forward enough to cover the front of the wheel.

Best of luck with the test.

Andy

Andy,

you could come to our next area meeting, then we could all see it,

or perhaps to our CHRISTMAS MEAL ON DECEMBER 19TH.

Just let me know and we can book you in.

( sorry to hijack your thread Steve )

Hi lads they must be geting use to robinhoods at LB by now as mine passed 2nd time last oct. They do not like the aligator bonnet though.

"(The one thing that shocked me when I told the inspector it was a Robin Hood I was building was his comment, that the are not the best built kits. I suggested he meant designed. His reply was has it got one of those alligator bonnets, no I replied. They are dangerous and should be banned, with a front impact the two bolts which it pivots on will snap and the whole thing will cut your head off.

A very valid point.)"

well done

Now enjoy

All the best

Stephen

The car that was p*****g petrol out was mine! the return hose into the tank had come adrift and it started leaking about 5 mins after the engine was turned off. Had to stop the test which was a bit of a waste of money. Still worth it just to go for my first drive. Amazingly it had passed an MOT the previous day, I guess with petrol siphoning out then too! Got home and refitted the jubilee clip onto the return hose at the top of the tank and now it seems to be behaving itself.