Wipers

Guest robbie

Guest robbie

I have used the sierra wiper system and all seems to be working ok but the wipers park "up ways" on the windscreen instead of down where they normally lie.

Anyone got a solution?

Kind regards

Robbie

Robbie,

get them to park up the windscreen as they are doing, now then take the wiper arms off their spindles and reposition them on the spindles so that the wiper blades rest on the bottom of the screen taking into account which way they wipe from the park position when they work. When they are turned off now they should park at the bottom of the screen where you set them.

Les

Guest robbie

Tried this and wipers tried to wipe down onto bonnet! The park postition is at the top of the stroke which is also the start position for the down stroke of the wiper as it moves down towards the bottom of the windscreen where it should in fact park.

Help!

Robbie

Guest Angel Boy

Robbie,

I haven't used the Sierra system so I am guessing here, but it sounds like you have it mounted upside down. It was a while bak but when I took the wiper mech out of the donor, I think the motor was towards the front of the car, how is yours mounted?

Andy

Robbie,

which way do they wipe from the park position ? (to drivers side or passengers side)

On the sierra the wipers are parked towards the passenger side, then when working move up the screen towards the drivers side.

If they move the same direction as the sierra then they need to be positioned at the bottom of the screen on the passenger side when parked.

If they move towards the passenger side from park then they need to be positioned at the bottom of the screen on the drivers side when parked.

Les

Guest Simon M

Robbie

What you need to do is to turn the activator arm on the motor thru 180 degrees, this fixes on the same way as the wiper arms.

The motor will still stop where it used to but the wipers will now park on the drivers side.

If you park them on the passenger side they won't wipe enough of drivcers side.

Hope this helps

Simon

Guest robbie

Simon

Went to try your solution for parking wipers to find I have "lost" park mode on my wipers!!!

Tried a few changes and identified two wires from VG loom carrying power, one and two speed, assume black is earth and am left with two wires, neither of which seem to do anything even when switched. Help again!

Robbie

Guest Angel Boy
Simon

Went to try your solution for parking wipers to find I have "lost" park mode on my wipers!!!

Tried a few changes and identified two wires from VG loom carrying power, one and two speed, assume black is earth and am left with two wires, neither of which seem to do anything even when switched. Help again!

Robbie

Doh! Vikki Green loom, that's me out then. :p

Is it me or is this "fantastic wiring solution" causing a lot of grief to everyone? Just an observation.

Andy

Guest robbie

it is easier than standard sierra loom but main problem is keeping up with variations on sierra models in particular wiring colours not detailed by haynes.

however.........i have now got all electrics working with exception of park on wipers and warning light on fog lamp, so any ideas lets hear them!!!

Oh one other thing not tested yet is ignition system as i am waiting for new dizzy, however the engine does turn on starter so here's hoping!

moral.......VG loom can be done, i have no great experience in auto electrics but with help of volt meter and this group it is possibly to make this thing work!

Keep it up lads and keep those answers coming!

Regards

robbie