Handbrake2b/4

Guest DGAV

ive been looking at this today where is the best place to fit the handrake to the floor as the video (poorly shows) <_<

ive been looking at fixing to the top of the tunnel on a bracket to space it of to allow for the cable. is this a mad idea or not

where have u put yours

photos would be nice

hope someone out there can help :)

DUNCAN

Guest salty_monk

Mine's in the footwell not ideal but I wouldn't want it on the tunnel top as it restricts your elbow room...

If going for the footwell then modify the handle by putting a crank in it or mount on a wedge to tilt it up towards you...

Guest chris brown

I agree with Salty this (last article) is what I did to mine post SVA but check I believe it would pass but it can be done in a similar way but keeping the standard method of operation

Guest chris brown

and bang your elbow all the time also someone failed for having it too far back as the tester said it was difficult to operate so had to move it forward closer to the gear lever B) Sorry Bill :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: no I'm not

Guest salty_monk

My passengers rather enjoy it!! :lol: :lol:

Actually mine isn't even modded like Chris's & I operate it with race harnesses with no problems. You don't generally need it a whole lot once on the move anyhow...

i put mine in the foot well but i had to cut it bend it up and reweld as stated on 1 of the websites i can sit in the car arm on tunnel top poseing and get to the leaver with my elbo still bent so i dont have to stretch.pluss if you put it in the well you still get all boot space and if the cable snaps its easy to change

olly

Guest Fred2b

If you have harnesses fitted I found it damn near impossible to operate the handbrake from the drivers seat, this is an SVA requirement, if it's fitted in the passenger footwell.

Mine is on top of the tunnel with a neat box to cover it in.

Peter

post-5-1104780043.jpg