Another Windscreen Nightmare!

Guest Phil Slater

Guest Phil Slater

Tried to put my windscreen together today. All went well until I attempted to get the second long self tapper through the side into the bottom rail. There is just no way I can get sufficent angle through the side in oder to drill a hole through the bottom rail without coming into heavy contact with the glass.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any suggestions for solving the problem? Any would be gratefully received.

At the moment I'm considering drilling and tapping the side and bottom rails and using little plates with set crews to fasten them together.

Any help much appreciated.

Phil Slater

Hi Phil

Thats how i had to do it, there just wasnt enough "meat" to get the self tapper to bite into, i was bloody lucky not to break the glass, it either missed the bottom rail or hit the glass,

dont know if we have done anything diffrent, has others have done it as the video without a problem.

HTH

Mitch

Guest jetskijase

Yep

I had the same problem, i think it was because the glass was slightly off square. i just straightened the angle at which your suppose to drill and just caught the screen and just made it into the bottom rail.

Jase

PS Just wait till you try and bend the brackets and fit the screen................ :gdit:

Guest Phil Slater

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

I decided to make up some little plates and drilled and tapped holes in both sides of the windscreen frame around the joints. I've tried to round off the edges of the plates so hopefully there will be no problems with the SVA. Only time will tell.

Thanks again

Phil Slater

post-5-1107293371.jpg

• 2 weeks later...