Interior Above Legs...

Guest tez_hall

Guest tez_hall

is it necessary to make panels (hardboard/plastic) that go behind the dash, above your legs?

or if you ensure the bottom of the dash is correctly curved that is ok?

Tez

I just stuck my hand up behind the dash and felt around for any sharp edges.

The steering column bracket was one place I protected the edges with edging strip and the bolts with nut covers.

The edges of the side panels both sides, covered with hi density foam then leather cloth.

The centre consul went behind the carpet.

As Guy says the lower edges of the dash were looked at very closely. I put edging strip around the lower dash edges covered with pipe lagging then leather cloth. The tester said he would have failed it if he could feel a sharp edge through the pipe lagging.

Guest tez_hall

cheers for help

i dont really want to make up a load of panels to fit under the dash

but i do have some plastic pipe i am gonna cut a slot in then cover in foam/leather and fix over the bottom of the dash nice and snug, making sure its glued on

im not using just the stainless dash panel, but covering that then mounting it on a wooden MDF panel cut to the same shape, so the dash thickness is about 20mm, should help with sharp edges

ill make sure there are no other sharp edges underneath, especially on the column, which does have a sharp mounting plate on it at the moment, shouldnt be a problem...

starting to see the end of the tunnel now... :)

Tez

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Battery Bill

Tez

(Our first reply as SVAd persons :D )

In our experience 3 days ago the tester checked the documents then got out his sphere then looked at the front RH suspension area saw it was all edged in rubber trim then said "Have you done an SVA Before? " :D then he put away his sphere and did the rest by thumb :D

He did probe under the footwells but not very far down and it was not much of a feel :wub:

But then perhaps that was because we Have boxed ours all in <_<