When A Bad Day Gets Worse......!

Guest Kieran

Guest Kieran

Replaced the front calipers on my 2B today. Whilst the tools were out, I had a tweak with the DFAV weber. All going well, thought I'd best check the battery cos its been sounding tired when starting. Stupidly topped up battery with Bataid tablets, and forgot to replace the filler cover on the battery. Couple more test runs later, I appeared to have water streaks running down the car. Huh, water streaks that dont wash off!! :boohoo: It appears that acid from the battery has stained the stainless side, and no amount of washing or stainless polish would buff it off :boohoo:

To calm my nerves, I picked up Nick, (my partners 14 year old son) and we set off out for a blast in this great spring sunshine :D

Then I bust my sump. :boohoo:

At least the brakes work. :blink:

Kieran :wacko:

Beer please........ :mellow:

Guest Battery Bill

Kieran

Then I bust my sump

Thats the second one in 2 days :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Perhaps more people need to "Bodge their Sumps" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry not laughing at your predicament, just quoting someone else :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest micky bigthumbs

Bill is right in the last 8 months ive done 3 sumps i just whistle now and the old one comes off, i was waiting to put my new engine in but i need the garage first.so i thaught i would just enjoy the driving untill the change....but its costin alot in sumps and gaskets and time off the road i think i will do one for the next time

Mick