Does This Stuff Work

Guest micky bigthumbs

Have a look at this site, i loaded it on to my PDA with Tom Tom sat nav

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php

there are also links to redlight cameras, this with a good detector and you are about as safe as you can get.

The gatso cameras, i have been told use infra red film which has penitration properties based on the heat end of the spectrum so it can see through to the numbers. Black absorbs infra red so does not reflect the heat spectrum the rest of the plate is designed to reflect a broad spectrum. The one dodge that will work and i have seen them for sale ( i even rigged a crude version years before i saw it for sale at the motor show) is basicaly a small flshgun in your rear number plate light rigged to a slave ( the flash from the gatso sets of the flash from the numberplate light and critically over exposes the number plate) but gatso's with flash are becoming old technology and passive front firing digital cameras using video is becoming the norm.

you can buy special plastic that will filter out specific frequencies of light, so if you know the frequency of light that a camera works on, then you could use this to stop the camera seeing your number plate.

This would work with the truvolos (or however you call them) as they use infra red, so you could put an ir filter on them - i doubt you'ld need the same quality of filter as your friend does so it needn't be that expensive.

However gatsos use visible light (as far as i'm aware), so you'ld need to cover it with a piece of black plastic bin bag... which would work but might be somewhat suspicious!