2b Tow Bar ?

Guest Daren.F

Guest mickmellors

I will be doing but have not yet worked out the fine details

Im also working on a semi-fixed single wheel trailer in kit form but I'm having problems getting Police to verify legality for towing speed restrictions etc - Patent applications are in place but I will only go ahead if I can get the cost below £250 and I'm considerably closer to £350 at the moment !

There are at least 2 cars in the Club with hooks on but I'm not sure which models they are on. I'm fairly sure one comes out of the middle of the Spare wheel ! !

Have a good look round at Newark and take some photos - save a few shots for Miss Newark though, in case her top 'falls off' again like last year when she presented us with the 'Biggest Turnout' trophy !

Cheers

Mick M

Fitting a tow bar to a 2B should be a piece of cake. I would suggest a piece of 6mm plate 5½ inches wide possibly about 6" long. put the holes for the tow ball in (3½" centres) weld it to the back of the spare wheel loop, and then weld extra strengthening webs to the plate & loop. make sure that you can get your spare wheel in afterwards, and the ball should be around 16" from the floor when finished.

The ones that Mick has seen, are monocoque chassis cars, and considerable engineering skills have gone into fitting those.

Dave Tommo (Northwest Hoodie) has fitted a removable rack to his 2B, you could do it similar, but make sure that it's strong enough.

Go to the bottom of the page. Northwest build tips

Guest Daren.F

I had a look at the link, but can't see a tow bar, although if that camping rack is strong enough to take the weight of a man it will take the vertical load of a trailor easily.

What I am looking for is a removeable bracket something I can unbolt and save the weight.

I don't know if I need to spread the load back to the chassy member under the rear stainless panel or further