Planning Application?

Snapperpaul

Got a letter this morning from the council saying that next door have plans to demolish their garage and build another dwelling, decision in 8 weeks.

Its the garage i rent from them with my only just rolling series 3, nice of them to keep me informed. My agreement runs 6 monthly and ends in June so looking for lock up in Chelmsford. I have space undercover at work but its not really practical to go back to work at the weekends.

Just venting my anger.....................

Guest Nishka

You need to speak to your local planning people, ask to see the plans and maybe put in an objection.

However this probably won't solve your problem as they are unlikely to continue the current arrangment if they find out it was you who objected to there development.

FWIW

Nishka

did think of that breifly, even thought of selling mine and buying theirs however we have just finished extending ours( demolished my garage for two rooms down and 2 up) and my missis thinks their back garden is to small, I think they have a very big front plot double width double length garage with room to spare, dreams dreams I might have to have a tent like Rizla.

Guest micky bigthumbs

I've just bought one from B&Q to work on my car untill my garage is built

27 ft X 10 ft 9ft 6 high £75 it stops the rain and plenty of room

Mick

Guest rizla

:D as you can see from this picture i no longer have tht "tent"

i made a "coffin" for want off a better word that i can wheel the car in and out of

its fitted with a ground anchor and a alarm,made from osb board and batterning,total cost £80

it keeps the car bone dry and no damp

post-13-1113410564.jpg

Guest Stuart Ainslie
:D as you can see from this picture i no longer have tht "tent"

i made a "coffin" for want off a better word that i can wheel the car in and out of

its fitted with a ground anchor and a alarm,made from osb board and batterning,total cost £80

it keeps the car bone dry and no damp

Bet the neighbours love that !!!!!

Guest rizla

:lol: oh ive gone threw it all stu with the old tent,she reported me to the council for putting a "garage"in the front garden and blocking her view :gdit:

council came round and asked me where the garage was :lol:

i told the counciler that it was a temporary structure and was to store a kit car

after many phone calls etc i win,if its made of canvas,plastic or wood its temporary

so it stays,AND I TAKE GREAT PLEASURE IN WAKING HER UP ON A SUNDAY MORNING AT ABOUT 7AM WITH A FEW REVS :lol:

Guest Petemate

Andy

I like your style.

At present, we have great neighbours, both sides take much interest in my RH & my lad's 'Busa Rush, so no complaints. But the previous neighbours on one side were - shall we say, less than "neighbourly". I would dearly like to have THEM back for a while, especially when Dave starts his Dax up. The bit about 7 am on a Sunday had me rolling about....

Pete

Guest racer

PAUL .........Blimey mate thats a bit of a blow ,thought you had it all sorted there !There must be garages around to rent ? Thought I saw some in rows near your place ,the other day ? ROD

Negotiating with neighbours next door (we have adjacent drives) so i wait in hope. could extend the workshop out further but would create a corridor for the neighbours and they are tolerant. Other neighbours are petrolheads, V8 landrovers, fast bikes and cars even Fords chassis engineering and dynamics Guru ( doesn't drive a ford ) He brought home a DB9 one weekend and i forced him to take me for a whizz. Awsome, sell the house, buy a 1 bed flat with garage, job done.

I will get this one cracked by June, made sure the hood would roll this week so can move it next door easily or on to a trailer

• 3 weeks later...

THE GARAGE NEXT DOOR IS MINE.

got the word today that i can use the garage next to my drive, the kit is ready to roll so mid june it will be moved to its new, even nearer home.

Even convinced my partner Jane that we could buy next doors house and extend etc. havn't quite finished this one yet.