Wipers For 2b?

Guest essex

Guest essex

I previously understood that mini whipers were the norm to fit to a robin hood, since wathcing that build video - they recomend to cut up the old sierra whipers. - I have just bought a 2B and need to fit windscrean and whipers - and was after advice on what parts are best.

Cheers

Graham

Guest mark kingston

:lol: Whilst it is possible to use the seirra system it need a LOT of cutting welding and general adaptation which is a lot harder than the mini system and will easily take you 10 times as long.

The mini system is a piece of cake to fit and is very adaptable and by rotating wheel boxes will allow you to change from left to right hand parking or as i have done my left hand side one parks to the left and the right hand one parks to the right and they come up the screen to meet in the middle.

So i recomment the Mini.

Best regards

Mark kingston

Guest Angel Boy

Go with the mini system. I have seen a Metro system used to good effect though. John Waterman is man to speak to on that one. He is member of this board. (hope you don't mind John ;) )

Andy

Guest mickmellors

Although I am far off fitting wipers yet, I have asked a lot of people and the general opinion (and the one I am going with is to fit the mini sysyem and modify it for THREE arms. We just went to the lolcal scrappy and got one off in about 10 minutes and the guy didnt even charge me. I got 3 decent arms from a show for £10 - job done - or at least bits ready !

Mick M

I don't think that I would go for 3 wipers Mick, have a word with Jim Robbo at Newark, he has 3 wipers, and they often argue with each other about who's bit of glass it is, then 1 usually buggers off on it's own.

My wipers are a mini motor, with a 120degree sweep wheel box (mii standard I think), and they park on the driver's side, using the original holes in the 2B bonnet. The blades are a cut down of the Sierra ones rather than the RHE plastic one. I reckon I've got a sweep which is as good as it gets. 3 wipers is what they use on the old morgan's isn't it? They have quite wide screens, but they're not as high as the RHE ones. I reckon that 3 wipers on a 2B would be too much.

Ant