Brake Bias Valve

Snapperpaul

Reading through info gleened from this site on rear brake bias valves, fitting of mini one. it brought up the possibility of rear brake lockup ( i am building a series 3) from those that have done it or know about it what are your views. Fit one or not?

I had the original valve from the Sierra fitted originally but I removed it to help with break bleeding. I did lots of tests ;) and the front always locks up before the rear (as it should) so I definitely don't need it.

My front is disks and rear drum.

Guest Battery Bill

Paul

We have never fitted ours and SVA was fine with this, fronts lock up before the rears.

Ours is a standard setup with Recon brake calipers and Greens Stuff pads on the front Drums with new shoes on the back. Oh and we dont have a servo either :D

Guest chris brown

I would also say no I removed mine because I felt the rears (drums) weren’t hardly working I have since changed to discs on the back and the fronts still lock up way before the rears (in fact I don’t think I have ever locked the backs except on MOT)