Seat Belt Mounting

Guest Guy

Just a quick sanity check,

I've cut the hight adjustment off the drivers seat and have drilled out the rivets and removed the brackets so now I just have holes in the runners (I need the seats adjustable). I'm going to mount bolts through the floor and into the angle iron front and back to secure the seats.

I have a question about the seat belt mountings.

I know I can't leave the socket part of the clip on the seat but if I take it off it's not long enough to reach the angle iron on the floor at the back.

I am going to extend the clip by welding a lenkth of flat mild steel to it long enough to go to the floor and then bend it round at 90 degrees and bolt it through the angle iron with a 7/16 UNF bolt and lock nut, the nut will then be welded undernieth the car to the angle iron.

Does this sound okay?

When I move the seat forward and back the belt will stay where it is, is this okay?

Guy,

I did exactly the same as you with the seat and removed all the extra gubbins off the bottom. Then I bolted the runners through the floor and the angle iron going across the car front and back.

I left my seat belt socket on the seat as it was ok on the sierra, mine passed the SVA like this.

As long as the seat is securely fixed to the car I can't see a problem leaving the socket on the seat.

Les