Do I Need These ?

Guest john

Hi All,

Does anyone know if I need any of the following for my SVA test. I can do a rush job on them if necessary but would rather take my time after the test

Boot cover

Spare wheel

Number plate bracket, and lamp.

trim over the side rails

trim up the rear arch tubes

handbrake gaitor ( mines on the tunnel top, and the workings are exposed but inaccessible between the seats )

Any advice appreciated :unsure:

TA

John

boot cover, no but make sure the edges of rear panel are,nt sharp maybe a full hard board (coverded in carpet) panel over area?(doesnt have to open) maybe better.

Spare wheel no dont bother it only makes more contactable edges

number plate lamp must be fitted and secure (one of my fail points)

as for the others if you can come into contact with a sharpe edge cover IT

you will only kick yourself after if you fail on minor sharp edges, maybe better to cover as much as poss.

HTH

Mitch

Cheers Mitch.

As I thouhgt then , the number plate light is compulsory , the rest is all down to protrusions etc.

How did you make your bracket ? a piece of s/s made into a large P clip and fixed to the rear tube ?

Guest Mr Pid

I think thats how Richard describes how to do it in the vid's and that how im gonna do mine, may change it later after SVA.

Thinking of wrapping the whole car in bubble wrap to avoid the sharp edges dilema? :D the guys who made my exhaust got the car so filthy i ended up respraying some of it, but there was the consolation that the little hood cut them to shreds whilst they abused it! ha ha

Seriously though its not worth risking the fail for a few minor edges plus you will save yourself alot of plasters and scars.

Good luck

Stu :rolleyes:

:D yes just a big "P" clip with the light attached and space for number below, My plates mounted central to the rear tube, both vertically and horizonterly(spelling) of course with the edges covered for test.

Mitch

Guest neil gale

Guys

I did my number plate having bought an imitation chrome surround (the sort all the boy racers seem to go for at the moment, no offence) for about 12 quid i think

Has nice rounded edges and is in keeping with the rest of the car.

The plate just clips into it with no screws, and you can get some lettering on the lower part of the plate, which is why they are very popular as words on the plates themselves are no longer allowed.

Hope the pic shows it.

I just used a p-clip and then added a strengthener to stop lots of flex.

Neil.

post-9-1055504343.jpg

Hey, I thought that was my car for a minute!!!!!

My number plate bracket is pretty much the same. A stainless "P-clip" around the rear tube, with 3 rivets holding it on, and then a couple of button head set screws through the P clip and into a horizontal piece of stainless. This has the number plate held to it with 2 more set screws. It's trimmed round with standard edge trim (but I had to glue it on to get around the corners neatly), and the light is at the top, just like the one in the photo.

BTW, Neil - Are you SVA'd? If not then I reckon that fog light will fail for being too low!

Ant

Guest neil gale

Ant

Very observant, that was my first sva test - failed for being too low. :angry:

Passed the re-test last thursday :D so am just waiting for an inspection to get her registered correctly.

Neil.