Scary Report On Bike Vs Car

Guest bugsy

the predicted reaction time once the vehicle came into view wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes

Doesn't this sentance suggest that there was something impairing the rider's view, say 70 meters away (for a reaction time of 1 sec @ 250km/h)?

Guest Battery Bill
Speed Don't make bikes invisable, It's mainly due to Drivers not looking

*bleep*s :gdit:

But lets face it if the car driver had looked a second time all three would probley be alive to day.

More *bleep*s :gdit:

If the tosser on the Motorbike was not travelling at such a ridiculous speed they would all be alive today, He is totally to blame for this.

PS I am an "EX" Biker with a full licence.

Guest paul2
:( i have seen a car pullout on a lorrie (8ft 2in wide) lorrie doing 45mph at a jnc. the lorrie had 4ft skid marks before inpact, pasanger was killed on impact driver was put in haspitle in intenise care. so wot chance has any motercycle rider have? i drive motercycles, lorries, and cars,

sorry but cant find a link to it but we all must remember the advert with the fist being hit on the table

think once

think twice

THINK BIKE

always scared me when i was lerning to drive

Same sort of horrific accident happend 5 years ago at an air field in Scotland, ex RAF/USAF near Cambletown a guy decided to give large on his bike down the taxi way/second runway...was the longest in europe at one time... and T boned a couple of local maintainance workers doing 20 mph down the designated cross access route.... Tower has weather advise only so no comms.

Guest pistol

I can see the attraction bikes have to offer, but have been always stuck with cars (through fear) as I have known too many family, friends and workmates lose life, use of legs and long term work absence due to accidents on bikes.

I don't wish to speculate on who was to blame for the incident and I take on board the points of view of previous posts. (I guess the outcome would have been the same but with greater devastation if two cars were to collide under the same circumstances.)

These images certainly send out the message to me that they were designed to do. Whether it is for car drivers to more aware of bikes or show more consideration or for bikers to excersize speed precautions. We all need to be aware of our actions and drive safely on the public roads. :mellow: