I Am Back But I Need Some Urgent Thoughts

Guest Angel Boy

Which would you get?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest docter fox

always been curious about gas, is the power and performance much different to petrol?

any helpful sites? :) sounds cheap, cheap is good :D

Guest salty_monk

The Octavia is a great car... Mat you should drive one (or if you can't face that drive a 1.8T VW or Audi & then add an extra 30bhp & better handling... The only thing I don't like is the front grill but it needs something to make it worth paying all the extra dough for the other two I guess....

Guest craig030774
It has been said that performance and power is slightly less but not much that you wouldn't notice it in your normal family slaoon also consumption is higher than for petrol but again only slightly

130 and still some left in reserve how much more do you want

Guest Stuart Ainslie
It has been said that performance and power is slightly less but not much that you wouldn't notice it in your normal family slaoon also consumption is higher than for petrol but again only slightly

Get a good sequential injection kit and the MPG and performance will barely change.

I still get 45 - 48 MPG on LPG, same as petrol...Just costs less than half the price.

Guest salty_monk

You know if we had enough stations equipped with LPG to be able to do it engines that are wholly LPG could then be released that are actually more efficient than petrol...

You can run LPG at a much higher compression ratio than petrol & thus bring the performance & mpg back into line, at the moment you lose power cause the engines compromised by the fact that it has to run petrol too.....

Maybe Honda or Toyota will bring out a FVCR as well as VVTI & VTEC... :p

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bazwaz

As i'm also looking to replace my car i was interested in the Skoda VRS, so today i went for a test drive. Was a bit dissapointed really. It drove well enough and had plenty of go but for a car of that size it was very cramped in the rear and the rear visibility is very poor. The wife wasn't keen at all and said the rear seats were uncomfortable and she felt claustaphobic in it. Looks like i'll be keeping the Nissan QX for a bit longer.

Barry.

I do huge milage just picking my daughter up from her mums every couple of weeks and the big big thing after you get over the " this is fun in a fast car" is the fuel bill. £400 a month in the faster cars or bigger cars that i have had, soon decided that a diesel was the best...150bhp in a diesel is great fun...IMHO.