What To Sell!

Guest cjbailey

Of course it's simpler, that's why I'm doing it the other way!

The rear wiper mechenisim is small and I'll be able to fit my heater in quite easely.

Well I'm assuming that the normal wipe speed of the rear wiper is fast enough for the front otherwise I'll be down the scrapee hacking a mini to bits!

This is the lowdown on the circuit.

You strap a duel relay across the normal running micro switch in the wiper, so energising the relay gets them both started, hold the relay on long enough to make sure they are both going then run the power for each one via it's own microswitch.

Then I've come up with a small circuit that 'listens' to each wiper motor and when both are back at the start it re-energises the relay.

In this way, the one that gets to the start first will wait for the slower one and they will both start again together as soon as they are both parked. If the motors are similer (they should be if they are the same) then you won't even notice it happening, it'll just look like they're running normaly.

The intermitent wipe is done by delaying the start pulse.

It means making a small circuit board with about 30 components and wiring it up to the existing sierra switches. but the mechanics are simple to make.

If it works then it'll solve a lot of problems.

Guest Angel Boy
Well I'm assuming that the normal wipe speed of the rear wiper is fast enough for the front otherwise I'll be down the scrapee hacking a mini to bits!

This is the lowdown on the circuit.

You strap a duel relay across the normal running micro switch in the wiper, so energising the relay gets them both started, hold the relay on long enough to make sure they are both going then run the power for each one via it's own microswitch.

Then I've come up with a small circuit that 'listens' to each wiper motor and when both are back at the start it re-energises the relay.

In this way, the one that gets to the start first will wait for the slower one and they will both start again together as soon as they are both parked. If the motors are similer (they should be if they are the same) then you won't even notice it happening, it'll just look like they're running normaly.

The intermitent wipe is done by delaying the start pulse.

It means making a small circuit board with about 30 components and wiring it up to the existing sierra switches. but the mechanics are simple to make.

If it works then it'll solve a lot of problems.

:blink: :unsure: :blink: :unsure: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :unsure: :blink: :blink: :p

Sounds bl**dy fantastic whatever it is you said ;)

Hope it works.

Andy