Weather Gear

Guest Scalar

Guest Scalar

i have a '95 cortina based s7, which requires new weather gear. I contacted RH engineering about new weather gear, but they advised that they no longer produce components for this type of seven. Can anyone advise as to where i can purchase full weather gear? i appreciate that this may not be possible. Also can anyone suggest a good coachworks in the UK

many thanks

hi

tried two people in the notts area and they were in the region

of £400 -£600 ouch

in view of what was said at the newark show on saturday i.e. they have

only used them 2or 3 times in ayear i may explore the lightweight sail type cover as was fitted to BOB (Tim Norman's Car)

Will be interested of any other prices and suppliers.

pete

On the way back to sunny Wales from Newark on Sunday I had a text message from the wife that they had thunder storms. I pulled into a layby to put the hood on before I hit the motorway, 90 miles or so with the occasional shower wasn't a problem but the last 30 miles in torrrential rain the hood was a godsend. I could hardly go above 55 without the rain getting under the hood above the windsceen and dripping all over the dash ( note to self, fit a seal to top of windscreen).

We arrived home completely dry, worth every penny if I only need it once or twice a year.

Les

• 11 months later...

Can anyone offer any more advice on this thread.

I too have an S7 requiring a hood and sidesreens.

Any good/bad tales of suppliers. I have an old hood that fits fine. Rang Polyfacto but they say cannot use as template and would need the car.

Local co says can make up from old hood and need car for final fitting. They want £380 for a Duck hood without screens.

I am not too bothered about the side screens as I can make these up from some old templates as well.

I notice the RS Jigtec thread on this subject. Contemplating getting down there but it is a trek. Any idea how long there likely to keep the car?

Any views appreciated.

Thanks Lee

Guest Battery Bill
I notice the RS Jigtec thread on this subject. Contemplating getting down there but it is a trek. Any idea how long there likely to keep the car?

For ever probably :wub: :wub:

I personally would forget that approach if I were you !

You could always make your own :rolleyes:

(ok so this post is just an excuse to show off my DIY hood, and my new camera all at the same time :lol: :lol: )

Ant

post-5-1086396878.jpg

Guest Steve.G

Ant

Looks great - such a novel idea to solve the problem of water comming in through the gap between the hood and the sidescreens :D :D .

(I have seen the 'finished' item elsewhere - this was obviously a Mk1 versions)

Steve G.

I have fitted a 2B hood to my Cortina based s7 and it works just fine. The only problem was that the frames were too wide and too long. This means I had to cut a lump out of the middle of them and they are mounted further forward than they really should be so when they fold down they don't lie along the top of the rear panel. They actually sit on the roll-over bar supports - if this is the price I must pay to stay dry then it's well worth it. If anyone wants pics let me know (or give me a shout and call round to look at it).

Iain

Guest peter2b2002

Hi all, i can make you a hood that goes from the windscreen to the roll bar, iv'e made one for Ian's RAW. no windows but side screens are available

give me a call Pete Cherry has my number.

cheers pete2B

ps i would have put this on the for sale site but it won't let me post there

I've sent pics to some people who specifically asked but here's one for the masses. This is the Hood I bought with my 2B but since I'm using the S7 till the 2B is on the road I snaffled it and will get another for the 2B. It's a pretty good fit and keeps me dry in the rain.

post-5-1086988230.jpg

we collected the car today from jigtec and still faced with the problem of getting weather gear . It was supposed to be virtually done or so we were told , the only sign of progress were 4 pieces of masking tape with crosses on affixed to the roll

bar .

While at jigtec today john butler of vindicator cars was there and he put us in touch with trim- tec , so will explore this when we have the car sorted and mot'd

pete

• 4 weeks later...
Guest atigue

No one has said any thing about robin hoods weather gear. Does this mean they arnt verry good? As i am about start looking for some before winter