So How Far Do You Travel To Work?, Every day, not

Big Jim

How far is your daily round trip to/from work?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest alan rowe

well my journey is 70 miles each way down the A14 and M11 - its an OK drive as long as there are no accidents - the road often then gets closed and there are very few ways of getting round the chaos

Alan

Guest John Walton

When I had my 3A, I did 120 miles to london on monday and 120 back on friday.

70 miles during the working week and nearly as much when I got back at the weelend.

Result............ 14,987 miles a year in a kit car, all it cost me was a new clutch cable and petrol

Guest Fred2b

60 miles a day, Lowton to Stockport, thats why my everyday car looks like crap. I just wish I could drive the hood to work but I don't fancy parking it in the street. Only the managers get secure parking spots.

peter

60 miles a day, Lowton to Stockport, thats why my everyday car looks like crap. I just wish I could drive the hood to work but I don't fancy parking it in the street. Only the managers get secure parking spots.

peter

stockport? wise choice. There are few places in stockport where i'd recommend parking a hood! (i lived there for 18 years)

Guest gerry cole

Just thought I would add my coments to this thread. I travel 16miles to & from work 5 days a week. But when I get there I climb aboard a 44ton truck & then do approx 420 kms each day.(that's about 262 miles). I've just checked my diary, where I keep a check of milages, & it seems that last year I drove 54929miles whilst at work.I also remembered that I was off work sick for 4 weeks,so the total will be greater this year. How the hell have I managed to keep a points free licence I just dont know. All this & I still find driving a pleasure!!!

Since I opted out /retired / was made redundant / (take yer pick ) I now travel only a few miles down to work on the river , where everything happens at a maximum of 8kph, everyones in relaxation mode, the sun always shines, every day is different, and they are all fun.

Don't know how I cope with the pressure of it all.... :D :D :D

Here's my 2b at work, anyone else got a pic of their car at work ?

post-13-1122930748.jpg

Guest stu205
There are few places in stockport where i'd recommend parking a hood!

LOL!!! know the feeling! 62m a day Winsford to Chorlton<_< soon to be 66m when we move to Old Trafford :o

Guest micky bigthumbs

Walsall Wood to Birmingham and back 42 miles but varies could be Munster Inverness Switzerland anywhere in europe...my next job is Manchester i have only used the hood in 60mile radius ( cant carry all my tools )

Mick

Guest ColinR

4 miles or 66 round trip depending which office I go to, Poole or Southampton. (I try to go to Poole most as the drive the Soton can be cruddy).

I did spend a couple of years commuting to London from Poole, 2hrs+ by train and a 15 minute walk - the walk was the only travelling time I could guarantee.

Guest flightless

Live in Southampton work in Slough so about 120 miles each day - F'less is sometimes taken gone in about 20 time this year - but it's a big dent in the limited mileage policy !