Wiper Assembly

e666

Hi guys

Just been fitting the wiper assembly into the spec, and averything checked out fine, before bolting it into the scuttle. But now having bolted the scuttle to the car and wired everything, up the arm connected to the motor slightly catches part of the assembly and there is a "clunk" each rotation.

SO do I have to take the scuttel off AGAIN :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: to fix this, or does anyone think I might get by with a bit of a clunking wiper ????

I await in trepidation.......

e

Dunno about the SVA ramifications but do you really want to be driving about in a car that makes clunking noises? It'll pee you off forever.

The tester may not be interested in the clunk itself, but it might encourage him to take a closer look at other parts of your build if he thinks you've bodged it, if you know what I mean.

If I were you I'd sort it. You'll be much more satisfied with the result. Which is why I did my alternator mount three times and my front brake hose mounts twice... And I lost count of the number of times I fitted the seats, thought better of it, and then refitted them.

Guest Battery Bill

Jon

Which is why I did my alternator mount three times and my front brake hose mounts twice... And I lost count of the number of times I fitted the seats, thought better of it, and then refitted them.

Or did not fit your windscreen for the SVA :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Hi E,

I had a similar problem! about a day before my SVA i had a clunking sound whenever the wipers were going! only slight but i wasnt going to start takeing the scuttle off again at that stage,

During the SVA the engine was running so you couldnt hear the clunk Phew!

Hopefully it wont be a problem but in my limited experience all SVA tests pick up on different things :boohoo:

Best of luck

Bugsy

Ps, just re read my post and i have realised that it doesnt help you at all :wacko:

Sorry ;)

Edited by bugsy

Hi guys

yeah my gut feeling is to soort it out..... but the thought of taking the scuttle off AGAIN.... :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

I'll leave it for a week... at least then it wont feel as painful to undo all that work so soon :o

e

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter Whiteley

Hi I had the same problem and when the wiper arms were fitted they did not sweep correctly the solution sorry is to remove the scuttle and ensure the spindles come through the body at right angles to the windscreen this will pull the mechanism away from the fire wall and the sweep of the wiper arms will be much better.

ps if you attach the Brake Fluid bottle to the peddle box using a 90 degree bent piece of angle and cut away enough of the area around the feeder pipes to the master cylinder you can remove the scuttle very easily.

regards peter. B)

:D I had a similar clunk on my wipers as long as they work ok and its not too loud I would go for it, do you know what its actually clunking on maybe you can just wedge it temperaly until the scuttle has to come off again, good luck B)

Hi,

its the arm from the motor, it just catches one of the pivots on its way round, but I greased it up and it a lot less noticable at the mo.... Not conviced about the sweep of the wipers tho, AND I extended the rotor arm as per other threads, but maybe not enough, tho' I only just managed to get the new longer version on :blink:

Still I'm away off the SVA at the mo, as I'm saving up for alternative instruments and am in the process of making alterations to the dash.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cheers

e