Superspec

Guest Build-it

Guest Build-it

Any ideas in respect of safely seating and strapping in 3 and 5 year old kids (one at a time of course) in the passenger seat ?

The shoulder straps on the four point harnesses are too far apart for my two youngsters. I've tried using a booster cushion and also one behind them but that does not help. Their shoulders are so narrow they would simply slip through in any sort of shunt.

I've also strapped the two shoulder straps closer together behind their heads, which is better but not too comfortable for them and probably not that safe. They are both great Hoodies and love the car but I'd like them to be safe also

Any ideas welcomed.

Guest chris brown

Shaun, have a word with Daren F. He has been taking his daughter around in the Hood since she was very small and has had several different seating arrangements for her.

Guest Build-it

Thanks lads, Chris you have a PM

I thought I'd show you the seats to help present the problem I have. As you can see my bucket seats have the holes in for the shoulder straps, which is preventing me from reducing the space between them.

post-11-1126110430.jpg

Guest Build-it

Thanks Megablade; They are bolted through a hole in the rear bulkhead and on to the bottom of the cross-bar so access there is not as simple as the hook type of fixing but the idea has got me thinking.

Regards

Shaun

What about swapping left & right across the front of thier chest?

Unclip the adjustable lower part of the LH strap & connect it to the upper RH strap?

&V.V.???

Bob.

PS The first time my 7 year old grandson had a ride in the car, he informed me at the first set of lights we stopped at that he could touch the road!!!!

Sidescreen permanently fitted when he comes out now!!!

PS He loves going fast....really fast....not just kiddy fast...it must be genetic!!!

Bob.

Guest megablade

My 7 year old lad is a car freak ! :huh:

At Llandow (near Cardiff) they let me take him on the track at lunch time, whilst the circuit is closed. :D

The only stipulation is that it's at my own risk as there are no marshals or recue crew. Just do some slow laps I've been told ;)

Flat out it is then :lol: :D :o

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Build-it

The answer at last was a deal Halfords have on at the moment for "Graco Junior Plus Child seat" down from £60.00 to £30.00 or £27.99 with a 1st October 05 Saturday Daily Mail voucher. Grate colour (brown) but to my surprise it fitted exactly into the Corbeau Forza seats I have (the other child seats I had tried were too wide and too expensive).

The Sabelt shoulder straps are easliy treaded through two holes in the kinds seat without dismantling the straps but they do still need a carabena clip at the front to make sure they do not open apart in any impact but the lap straps fit neatly and the whole thing works fine.

Sorry the photos is a bit poor but you can see the fit etc.

post-11-1128178558.jpg

Guest Build-it

Yes they are slotted so I can take the kids seat out dead easy and it really does fit snug into the seats I have, the kids are elevated so they can see out even with the doors on and can't easily slide from side to side around the corners.