Car Cost

Guest l_b_muk

Guest salty_monk

The only problem with buying ready built is that it's built to someone elses spec not yours & there's only so much you can do... Having said that if you choose wisely that & part built kits are the cheap way to do it...

:)

Guest micky bigthumbs

I bought a built up car it looks nothing like the original , i,ve changed almost everything just the engine to finnish and the chromed roll bar to do. but has cost more than a kit still lots of work but i get to drive it regular

Mick

Guest paul mercer

I'd love to take mine round a track, but admit i'm a little scared which is why i haven't rushed to do it yet. Crashing it does worry me as i don't think i'd ever get round to fixing it due to time and money. Will probably do it one day though, with all my fingers and toes crossed.

Paul

Guest salty_monk

Barkston's very safe I would say, there aren't many points where you can do a huge amount of damage, even Dave's wasn't so bad & look where he ended up!! :)

Being a sprint track there's no chance of any "rubbing" too from other idiots in cheap freeby cars who don't give a toss (oh... that would have been us then.. :p :D )

Guest STEVE OXON

hi i built a 2b,finished sva in april 05. it realistically owes me 3 and a bit years and 6.5 grand.including sva tax insurance registration etc.....

but you can then say ''I DID THAT.''

all part of the fun actually making it yourself.

steve

The "part built" that i bought only had the rear suspension fitted nothing else had been touched, however the donor had been stripped ( better for space but i could have done with it on the driveway) and it was a comprehensive kit with everything RHE could supply. Worked out at about half the cost of a the original puchase price.

My biggest expenses have been stainless nuts and bolts, drill bits, garage tools and an over indulgance on things i wont need for months at Europa and Deitling.

Guest Petemate

My build was almost a carbon copy of Snapperpaul's. Thank goodness the previous owner (who I never met, got the kit off his dad who wanted the garage space....) had only bolted in the (unfettled) rear axle and partly converted the front SP. I was glad that's all he'd done when I discovered he had, among other things, HACKSAWED through the handbrake primary rod instead of just removing the clevis pin; thrown away the whole harness including the engine management (thanks Richard Sumner for coming to my aid) and painted the rear drums and cam cover with a ghastly red paint. When I collected the kit & bits, afore-mentioned son's Toyota was parked in the drive with the appropriate Max Power sticker on the screen....

But I digress. Total cost including collecting it and the legal bits apart from tax just under £4000 (£3,997.25) As it came with the seats, full SS, coloured grp, weather gear, leccy & brake packs, spare screen, new clutch, starter, coil etc., I was well pleased.

Pete