Steering & Cooling

Guest wildejon

Guest wildejon

Hi all,

This is my first post since beginning the build of a Super Spec and I'm really stuck!!

Basicaly the steering colum is fitted but the shaft running to the front of the car is fouling on both sheets of metal where it passes into the engine bay. Also, the collapsible section is grinding on a horizontal tube just below the steering column.

This generally looks and sounds pretty awful. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on?

Secondly, we do not seem to have all of the components for the cooling system (well, it all looks different form the video at any rate). Does anybody have some photos of what it all should look like?

Thanks in advance

Jon :wacko:

:D if your column was already fitted chances are you hav'nt got a bush in it the part you need is a Sierra column bush. MAFCO part No.B884 MAFCO can be contacted on M&F Components ltd. tel (01254) 301121. about £3.99. ref the cooling the video is missleading you need to throw away that T piece and connect the pipe coming from top and bottom of thermostat housing together as these are the redundant heater supply, if you want to mail me for my phone No. I will try and talk you through it. <_<

cheers

Glyn (Rusty)

Guest wildejon

Brillant, cheers for your relpy. Don't think I've ever seen such a friendly forum!

As you can see, I have added my location now, we only have time to work on the car on Saturdays and will be doing so next week, hopefully get it cracked then.

Guest wildejon

Thank you to everyone who helped us out.

I will keep you posted of our progress.

Unfortunately I do not have a pc at home so can't really get a website up and running but I'm sure I'll be back on here for more help!

Looking forward to getting finished and joining you all at the meetings!

Cheers,

Jon :D