Sidescreens

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

This is how the new car came back from Scotland (albeit with the top tarp tensioned by cable ties down to the spare wheel hoop! )

Worked amazingly well & I'm now thinking about a set of sidescreens similar to these as a permanent fixture. I think that they could probably stop 95% of the buffeting when combined with deflectors to the side of the windscreen.

Like this they stopped about 75% of the buffeting & pretty much all of the spray from the front wheels or other cars....

This design was "tested" on a 470 mile journey :D

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

Dan

You are spot on with that idea of a sidescreen, we have found that in heavy rain the water funnels up where the scuttle ends next to the side panel. So a permanent fixture like yours would be really good imho :D :D

Guest salty_monk

Yes & should be really easy to make, easy to attach, detach, gives plenty of elbow room & doesn't feel claustrophobic like the full screens can. Also be very easy to stow....

Bill, you say that in a way that says you've already made some :D: :lol:

Talking of elbow room.... this one has a central mounted handbrake same as yours, I don't like it... :( gets in the way of my lightening fast gear changes :p :D

Groping legs in the footwell was better in my opinion once on the move, don't suppose I'll be changing it though, too many other things to play with :rolleyes: :D

Guest chris brown

I like your idea for the sidescreens I recon they should be all you will ever need, them, and a good surrey. ;)

As for the handbrake I agree with you but better as a flyoff :p B)

Guest salty_monk

Read it :D

I'm back to the USA next month, probably early. You may see my Dad "Digger" at one of the shows, possibly with Drew in tow! He'll have the car whilst I'm away.

I'll get him registered on here. I hope to get back for one of the track days next year if possible.... no promises!

Sidescreens are definitely worth a go, my surrey is going to go down over the "boot" with a black net rear window I think, not decided yet...

Dan :)