Mini Wipers

gomatthome

Guest feralsprint

we have the alligator bonett and this is how we decided to go, :)

undersidebonnett.jpg

Braced it from the side of the bonett and used the chrome mounting bracket and here it is from the top

topsidemountwipers.jpg

Jon

thanks for the suggestions.

mine is the aligator set up too. I see you have bolted direct to the bonet. Just to help when the bonet is closed which space does the motor drop down into so that i can place correctly.

Phil

ps if you have a note of which vicky green wires go to which spade connector on the motor given past experiance this will save time and a number of fuses.

thanks

phil

Guest salty_monk

Looks to me like it'll drop in just behind & to the right of the Carb.... You should be able to do it Bills way or mount the motor on the passenger side with the croc bonnet too.. save making more holes in your bonnet... :)

If you fit the windsceen first you can use the windscreen pillar mounting bolts to secure the wiper motor to the bonnet via a bracket. When the bonnet is closed the motor sits behind the battery tray.

You should be able to do it Bills way

Attaching the motor to the chassis works when you have a fixed scuttle, with the aligator bonnet the motor needs to be secured to the bonnet for it to lift up.

Les

post-5-1131030078.jpg

Guest chris brown
motor sits behind the battery tray
Why would you want to put the wiper motor in the boot? :p :p :wub:

Do a search as this subject has been covered several times and you will get lots of alternative ideas

Guest feralsprint

"mine is the aligator set up too. I see you have bolted direct to the bonet. Just to help when the bonet is closed which space does the motor drop down into so that i can place correctly"

Yeah the wiper motor fits into the space behind the carby,we did this for a couple of reasons, it keeps the passenger footwell clear and also allowed us to not have to worry about clearance of the motor on the top bar when the bonnett is opened up, we also fabricated a 2 peice demister set up for the same reason, to clear that damned top bar, we can now open the the bonnet up all the way and have plenty of room.

We used a brand new wiper set up from Minispares and rather than use the just spade connectors we got the plug for the motor and used the advice from here on for adapting Sierra to mini wiring and it works great and it is quiet when they are on

robinhoodfinshed005.jpg

Jon

My wiper mounts on a bracket, mounted through the windscreen bracket. I also used three wipers, just to get a better sweep of the screen and to be a bit fancy....!! :lol: ;) When the bonnets shut (alligator), it hangs just below the scuttle chassis tube, behind the battery.

Kieran :wacko:

post-5-1131375880.jpg