Heater Matrix Or Information Leading To...

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

I'm after a heater matrix from I don't know what.... It needs to have similar pipes to the Sierra one (ie. on one end at 90 degrees to the length of the matrix) so I can squeeze them through the bulhead next to the OE fuse box but I want it to be shorter than the Sierra one & preferably deeper to gain back some capacity.....

Gonna build a custom box & use some scrap flat fans out of a hospital machine...

So.. keeping my eyes peeled on Ebay for likely pictures & asking for measurements but does anyone know what I'm llooking for?? :D

Guest Battery Bill

Dan

As you are making your own heater any matrix should do I think they will all be similar and you just sort the set up to suit you.

We have one in the old Mondeo thats pretty new (I reaplaced it a few months ago )and its yours if you want it Joey could remove it today :D

Guest salty_monk

Thanks Bill. Maybe Joey could do me a pic & some dimensions to work out if it'll fit.

Unfortunately as the car's built I'm fighting the fuse board, wiring, radio, etc to fit it around. The Sierra one may do it but a bit squarer would be good.

Ideally I want the matrix as big as poss to help the cooling circuit, with the Cortina rad on it's own the car gets quite hot quite quick. Ultimately I guess it'll want a new bigger rad but that can be done next year before Summer comes.

Anyone got a Coolman they're not using & want to flog??

:)

Guest salty_monk

Yes please Dave & a pic would be great if you have time.... I would go down a scrappy & get one but it's not the sort of part you can measure without doing a load of work first so I at least want to know what I'm looking for..... :)

Guest salty_monk

I'm adding the heater fitting to Dad's job list :lol: (along with surrey, ball joint pins, that rear subframe bolt mod that gets you more clearance, boot... he's going to be busy!! :p :lol: )

Hi Dan

I had a clear up in my shed today and found the rad that came with my kit.

I think its a coolman but not sure.

Its brand new never fitted, but has sustained a nick to one of the tubes, I pressurised it with air and doesn't seem to leak.

If its any good to you you are welcome to it.

Jeff.

post-18-1131314154.jpg

Guest salty_monk

Hi Jeff,

Yes please :) That should do nicely as they're the same size approx as the old plastic topped jobs but double the capacity.

I've PM'd you.

Cheers,

Dan :)