Throttle Cable

Guest Great Scott!!

Guest Great Scott!!

Hi all

i'm at the stage where the cars running fine and its all down to body panels and the last niggly bits of which the throttle cable is one of them,

the engine is a 2.0 pinto carb with leccy auto choke and the cable has nylon ends which iv'e looked at and i dont think its gonna be possible to shorten :(

is there a shorter cable? because the original is long enough to circle the 2B engine bay twice (well maybe not that long:) )

Many thanks

Guest paul mercer

i take no responsibility for the following due to bad memory. i used a 2.0 dohc and i think the throttle butterfly was on the drivers side. maybe have a look round your scrappy and see. take existing one with you to check ends are the same. i've chucked mine (engine and cable) so i can't even look for you.

Hi all

i'm at the stage where the cars running fine and its all down to body panels

Before you do the side panels, take a look at the article that we put together a month or so ago, about the side panels & rear wings, it should save you a lot of heartache.

http://nwhoodies.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/side_panels.htm