V5 Doc For Donor

Mat-Moo

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Mat,

I've got my V5 filed away with the RHE invoice etc.

I will continue to declare SORN on the Sierra as if it still exists ( which a large part still does - except no body shell anymore) up until the Hood is SVA'd and registered. If at this point if somebody (SVA or local DVLA) does not take the V5 off of me - I'll declare the Sierra scrapped.

Terry

Declare it sorn for vehicle tax, but KEEP THE V5 - do NOT declare it as a scrapped car. You will need the V5 as "evidence" of the donor car when you come to register the hood. The SVA centre also used mine as evidence of the engine's age, but you can get letters from Ford for that bit.

Ant

Guest bloke

i've just got my donor and have sent the v5 of to register in my name (allowing me to cash in the remaining tax!)

whats SORN and how should i do it :blink:

help much appreciated

Guest TerryBarry

Statutory Off Road Notification ( or something close to that)

It is supposed to stop people using cars on the road without tax - does it work ??

Don't answer that question.

If you don't declare SORN - the authorities can come after you for unpaid tax and (I believe that the burden of proof will be on you to show it hasn't been used or even kept on the road)

When you get the tax reminder there is a little box you can tick to declare SORN

I managed to download a form off the 'net (DVLA I think) and sent it to Swansea that seemed to work OK.

You can probably?? pick up a form from a main Post Office.

Terry

Just found it

Here it is

Edited by TerryBarry

Guest bloke

cheers terry i'll give it a go

me donors def off the road - on axle stands and no wheels! should be able to start buildin soon but lovin dismantling the sierra :ph34r: