Thanks!

Guest joni

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming over to look at my car this afternoon. I think I can get my build back on track now I know how to stop it overheating and have a list of jobs to work to to get it finished. The end is in sight at last.

Neighbours came over after you all left and were very impressed by the collection of cars as well. Petes car is amazing its finished like a production car, the photos I have should give me something to try and aim for with quality control.

I'll try and let you know how things are going and update with progress. Going to try and get and afternoon off this week to get a sierra heater fan, and get other little jobs sorted in the evenings this week.

Once again thanks everyone for sorting it out, see you all at Gozzards Ford soon.

Jon

Hi Jon

It was no problem to come over to see you. Thank your Mum & dad once again for the food & drinks :D

My mate Martin is going to dig out the rad next weekend and flush it through for you and pop it over to me to bring to our next meeting B)

You should be back on track soon. Any more problem you come across just shout, one of us should be able to help you out ;)

Thanks once again. See you soon

Chris B)

Cheers Chris thats spot on, I've got PLENTY to get on with until then! Have typed up a list tonight and its a page long. lots of little bits on there though. I think Mum and Dad are just pleased theres a chance they may get theyre garage back sometime soon! I've just downloaded the photos off my camera it looks like a mini stoneleigh happened on my drive.

Hi Jon.

I for one was really impressed with how much you had achieved for someone of your age, well done.

As you saw, there is plenty of knowledge on tap if you get stuck again, and when you get closer to the sva, another visit might be a good idea to run over all the sva

points again.

Keep us informed on your progress through the list that you made.

Thank you for feeding everyone,

see you soon.

Yep Stoneleigh on my drive was pretty much like that Terry! Just got in from garage have got rid of the old fan, fitted a fuel filter, fixed my new handbrake angleiron in place refitted the back panel for the boot space and marked out plans for a flip front bonnet. Was so impressed with Petes I think it has to be done. Also marked out for a cover for all the holes in the scuttle area for the windscreen definitely decided on taking it to SVA with no screen now. Plently to do still though. Got Wednesday afternoon off to get a Sierra heater fan from the scrappy hopefully. I've got a lot to do but at least I know what has to be done now.

Thats the first of the updates anyway, will try to get some more done tomorow night.

Alright Chaps

Just keeping you up to date with progress on the car. After getting that initial kick up the a**e on sunday I've been gathering momentum with the car again. Have spent every night after work in the garage until late at night and progress is starting to be made. I've tidyed up the hoses in the engine bay and done a load of other little jobs and made quite a scary long list of jobs to do. Previous SVA failed on handbrake fixture angle iron so I've erfitted that and put some beefier studs and nylocks with big washers on the seats too, they were a real pain to refit though.

Going to the scrappy on Saturday with a mate with a shopping list the main thing is the new fan. Has anyone got a pic of the Sierra heater blower fan in their car so I know what I'm looking for and can get a rough idea of how it fits. Planning to trial fit it using my knackered radiator on Sunday.

Hands are now sliced to ribbons again, so I must be getting back into it!!!

Maybe I should have posted this in engine section instead... :wacko:

Guest TerryBarry

Hi,

There's a good picture of the heater motor in the Haynes manual.

Page 3.10 Section 20 Pics 20.4 & 20.6

It also explains how to get it off from under the bonnet - without removing the entire heater unit (which involves getting behind the dash)

Good stuff I'll have a look in Haynes tonight. I might even have a heater assembly in my garage loft somewhere, my Mum and Dad wanted the donor off their drive so I boxed up as many parts as I could fit in the loft, will check through tonight.

I dont remember it being a very big fan though and as its just a heater blower I can't imagine its going to be as meaty as a proper rad fan. Is it going to be big enough to do the job?

I've been posting all afternoon, sat in the call centre with no orders coming through I've got time to kill and am just thinking about getting back in the garage, roll on 5Oclock!!

Guest chris brown

Hi Jon

Are you talking about a fan for the rad if so use one from a Citroen Bx or Peugeot 505 (lots of go and are made to be fitted in front of rad) also you will need to cowl in the rad so all air going through the fan goes through the rad.

Ive just found my blower assembly, but I can't see how it can help? I'm going to the scrappy now to have a look for a different fan, but can anyone explain or have photos of a blower fan in use? I just can't see how it can possibly work!