Is It The Bears?

Guest zoomzoom

Guest zoomzoom

Is it the bears, is it me or is it like this all the time?

Can't seem to get through to the DVLA that the car I build just needs a built up inspection.

They still seem to be trying to work out what to do!!

Finally got through to them on the phone today and the only answer I could get was '' well, we will be contacting you in due course''

oh and just so you know I was extra nice on the phone to them in an effort not to p**s them off.

Just wanted it on the road in time for le mans :shok:

Is it the bears, is it me or is it like this all the time?

Can't seem to get through to the DVLA that the car I build just needs a built up inspection.

They still seem to be trying to work out what to do!!

Finally got through to them on the phone today and the only answer I could get was '' well, we will be contacting you in due course''

oh and just so you know I was extra nice on the phone to them in an effort not to p**s them off.

Just wanted it on the road in time for le mans :shok:

I share your pain.

Had my SVA on the 23rd of April and passed. I then took out the insurance and got all the docs off to them the week after.

Phoned them up yesterdfay and was told someone from Reading would phone back. This they did to tell me that Wimbledon would be dealing with it??????

Into it's 3rd week now with no end in sight :(

Totally p!ssed off.

I share your pain.

Had my SVA on the 23rd of April and passed. I then took out the insurance and got all the docs off to them the week after.

Phoned them up yesterdfay and was told someone from Reading would phone back. This they did to tell me that Wimbledon would be dealing with it??????

Into it's 3rd week now with no end in sight :(

Totally p!ssed off.

How long has everyone else had to wait for a BUI?

It's taking longer to get a log book than it is to build the bloody thing :(

Guest peter2b2002

when I had my BUI @ Northamton, after a 2 week wait and after being told not to go near the start or end of the month,it took 15 mins

peter2b

Guest scotlad

Are you near a local office- go there if you can- its much easier to sort out face to face i think. I pitched up at Edinburgh office with MAC certificate after sva and build up man inspected it there and then- with no appointment!!! I'm one of the lucky few i think :rolleyes:

Guest zoomzoom

I went into the local dvla office and paid there and then but they would not tell me what will happen to my forms after that as rebuilds are not handled by the counter staff but by ''back office staff''

I have phoned them 3 times now and am still getting the same answer ''we will contact you in due course'' they cannot tell me anymore.

I'm hoping to get Joanna Lumley on the case asap!!!

Time for me is running out :(

sorry marcus

but in times gone by our area did the bui first so when svad it was a breeze , but that has changed with our area now at

northampton , its the same sva / iva then bui .

sorry your having probs and i hope you get to the south of france .

graham

Well, I finally got a call from DVLA yesterday from a very nice man that wanted to have a look at my car today.

He's just been and done the necessary so I am hoping to get the paperwork back next week.

Whoopeeeeeeee!

Knockie and Georgie are starring on a piece of tarmac in Surrey soon.

Guest zoomzoom

I got a call from the DVLA on tuesday and he's coming to do the bui on monday.

The chap on the phone sounded like he was having a bad day and I got the impression he hated me!!!

Could be just me though.

Guest zoomzoom

The chap came today to do the built up inspection, and I was correct he does hate me.

Still never mind as long as I'm on the road before christmas 2020. :cray:

I was correct he does hate me
What is the problem with these jumped up inefficient twits from the DVLA. They seem to have the manners of Attilla the Hun, the charisma of Susan Boyle, the intelligence of a tin of spaghetti and to know about as much about the job as my pet hamster. I think it may be a sour grapes after failing the exam for village idiot.

Nigel