Battery Size

Guest matheson

Guest matheson

hi

Does anyone know the Ah size battery required to start a 2.0 litre DOHC ford engine carb model not efi

searching for sierra 2.0 litre on battery websites it gives a battery of 243mm in length which is 13mm to big to fit in available tray space.

thanks

Have a look at an "Oddyssey" battery from Merlin Motorsports/Rally Design/Demon Tweeks/Tanya and a few others online - just Google it and it should turn up.

Loads of different ones in the range and they are very compact and have a fair bit of stomp. As they are dry cell, you can mount them however you like and won't leak. They are a bit pricey though. Don't be put off the motorcycle tag [bikes are normally high compression] and quite a few people appear to be running them with no problems at all.

I have a 545 fitted and this appears to be OK for Caterham/Westfield/race/kit cars when you do the background checking, so I am not particularly worried. You have to remember that there are no heated screens/mirrors/air con/radios/and other gizmos on a kit car, so a smaller battery which can kick ass and turn the engine with enough head space for the ignition is more than man/woman/person enough.

HTH?

Sharky

Ah is just a measure of its capacity. Deliverable Amps is what you want although in normal practice the bigger the Ah the bigger the deliverable current is! Most batteries are marked with a current rating at a given temperature. As to what you actually need, I can't help I'm afraid, I was just being picky!

Try UKB batteries web site(not UK Batteries).I have the same engine and got one of their batteries which gave more amps in a smaller size.The model I got was 0635 at £34.99.That was in 2006 so it may be a different model now.They gave a 5 year warranty then.I bought mine from a local stockist but from their website it looks as if they only supply direct.

Cheers Mike