Surely This Cannot Be Correct

Guest mastarforth

Guest TerryBarry

Maybe the chassis is based on a 1934 one suitably extended, stiffened, all rust cut out and replaced, etc.

Thus it is original - just like Trigger's broom. :rolleyes:

Or somebody originally involved could talk the birds out of the trees :p

Guest hypermick

I think it would depend on the declaration.

If for instance you buy a Lomax kit, the stripped parts from the Citroen 2CV including the chassis remain registered since theyre being re-used. The body is changed, any new bits are added and the paperwork changes are minimal.

However if you go to Lomax and include a new Lomax chassis to be used in the build the registration area becomes very grey indeed. I know examples which have got through without problems using a new chassis and others where the ministry have insisted on an SVA. Its crazy really because different DVLA offices see kit cars and derivatives in their own unique ways regarding registration.

The EBAY offering doesnt surprise me.

Mick.

I asked seller a question. What parts of the vehicle were made in 1934? He responded do I want to buy or am I just bored.

I think that answers the question. This is not an historic vehicle but he has managed to get it registered as such. RAC vehicle check for VAS946 says 1934 Ford with 3622cc engine so engine size is wrong.

Could get problems at next licence renewal or MOT.

Nigel

Ding dong

Guest mastarforth

For me I have looked at Dooster int eh past and I know that they manfacture bodies and chassis that are close to the actual design. but surely now dvla man would fall for this being classed as a 1934 car!

looks good but I am sure someone is going to have problems if they actually buy it

Guest mastarforth

the comment "The body and chassis are both Dooster and the vehicle has apparently so I have been told appeared in Custom Car at some time " combined with the fact that is on granada surely means this is no longer (if ever) a 1934 car. Unless the granny was pre 73 maybe

Guest hypermick

MMMMMMM,. <_<

I think its a case of playing the marginal "well you obviously know very much more than me,. tell me about it,. I'm keen to learn type" :mellow: , sometimes, ( don't forget to look really interested and impressed !)...... because it makes the "authorities" feel superior, which gives them the feeling of power,. when in fact all your doing is manipulating them <_< ;) to feel that way so they act sympathetically so you get your way,. he he !!

Maybe this guy did that with DVLA,. and got a result. Doesnt excuse him though if the car hasnt got any '34 bits in the make-up.

The above advice also works terribly well with traffic wardens. I have to park in some damned awkward places during job hours,. outside courts, precincts, police stations hospital car parks etc,.,........to get the full benefit look equally as fed up as they do when they approach you,. and start off by saying "well it looks like neither of us are happy to be here :( ,. me probably more so than you,. how's your day going then ? "

Try it sometime !! ;)

Mick.