Surrey

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

What did you make it from? Nylon? What guage? Where can I get some in black?

Was thinking of the Gingerfix route but I want to use an alternate front fixing & a different style at the back (with roll up or mesh window) so I may as well scratch build...

Cheers,

Dan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown

Try yellow pages for Tent manufacturers if they don’t do it then they should know where in your area that will. Ripstop nylon is ok for summer use but 4ounce weight canvas is better for all year use and can be got in a variety of colors including black with a silver backing which is very good.

Guest Andy Badger

Hi Salty

I also went down the gingerfix route....very very impressed. If you didnt want to part with the £65 charge, then id suggest that cordura material (like on motorbike jackets) would be perfect. Enough density to withstand the british climate yet maleable enough to roll up etc.

Guest salty_monk

Ripstop or canvas was what I was thinking.

Andy - nothing about the 65 quid charge scares me, (raw materials will take a chunk out of that) I think it's a good price but I want to use an alternate front fixing (caravan track type) & also have either a roll up or mesh window in the back rather than a completely open one.

Anyway... maybe I'll have a word with the ginger man when I'm back in July, see if he can accomodate me... Is he on Email? Maybe I can catch him that way easier earlier than that. Being on the wrong time zone is a real pain!

:D

You can always try Pete Rae - Thames Valley Hoods, who is a saddler by trade and has made all our Surry's.

Material is available from him I am sure.

Fieldfarm@aol.com

The Caravan awning stuff stuck onto top of the screen works fine. We did it to the Locost about 4 years ago, screws and glue. My RH 2B curved frame surround - glue only ( tiger seal). no problem, hood pulls really tight.

Graham

Guest docter fox

the girlfriend absolutely hates cars with england flags on, so of inevitably I tried to make a roof out of one :D

sadly it was a bit thin and didn't work very well :lol: I don't think my methods of fixing were up to much either, it didn't like my overtaking manouvre so started to hit me on the head when I changed into 4th ;)

Guest Nishka
The girlfriend absolutely hates cars, it didn't like my overtaking manouvre so it started to hit me on the head when I changed into 4th.

I'm not suprised she hits you over the head if this is how you tlak about her! :huh: :unsure: :ph34r:

Nishka :ph34r:

Guest salty_monk

Thanks for the email Graham... maybe I'll get him to sew it as well... :)

Message sent. If he fancies making it I can get him to make two identical - Drewsus will probably need one as well & his screen isn't fitted yet so we can make sure the length is the same as mine...

Dan :)

Guest docter fox
I'm not suprised she hits you over the head if this is how you tlak about her!

she quite likes the car but isn't always so kean on my driving now I've got this flag :lol:

Guest Bob's Babe

I got one for the Kaig with a caravan track sliding thingy :wacko:

I will try and get Tim to post a picture of it........a Gingerfix one :D

They are also looking at doing me a back screen one with a bit of perspex type stuff in it that will also roll up and tie ;)

SUE :wub:

Guest salty_monk

Oh ok... so Gingerfix can do that fixing too... wonder if he can accomodate my adjusted rear (oh err missus!).

Can probably order two identical so that should help, is he on email??

Dan :)