you can have a look at mine (surrey that is )at the meeting on 7th feb

with the surrey up and perpex ears on the window screen pillers you dont get

wet when it p$$$$$ it down

you can get a surrey made for about £40 ish

if he still makes them that is

Duncan

Guest chris brown
Why not try a Surrey instead
Couldn’t agree more a surrey is much better than a full hood IMHO its much more pleasant to drive with it on even when its really throwing it down, rather than the full hood which as someone on the site described as driving in a very small tent with a slit in it. I made mine and it cost £20 for all the bits. But I would recommend something a bit bigger than the wind deflectors perhaps something along the lines of what Salty did for his run down from Scotland only not quite as temporary :p :p :p (sorry Dan)

Guest Quarks7

Hi Stu,

I tried to reply to your PM but kept getting the message that you weren't allowed to recieve PM's???? Who've you been upsetting???? :rolleyes:

Not sure really mate. As I said the roof is unused and I have a bag of poppers/fasteners. The doors have been made to fit but never actually used i.e. the hangers have been fitted to my car and the edges of the doors. So make me an offer and I'll decide if it's worth selling or hanging onto for when/if I sell my car....... Regards Jez 07958 632588

Hi Stu,

I tried to reply to your PM but kept getting the message that you weren't allowed to recieve PM's???? Who've you been upsetting???? :rolleyes:

Not sure really mate. As I said the roof is unused and I have a bag of poppers/fasteners. The doors have been made to fit but never actually used i.e. the hangers have been fitted to my car and the edges of the doors. So make me an offer and I'll decide if it's worth selling or hanging onto for when/if I sell my car....... Regards Jez 07958 632588

maybe his box is full ??! ...i'll ask him

• 1 month later...
Guest salty_monk
But I would recommend something a bit bigger than the wind deflectors perhaps something along the lines of what Salty did for his run down from Scotland only not quite as temporary :p :p :p (sorry Dan)

No problem... It was a £4.99 tarpaulin (stolen from Dad's garage), cable ties & gaffer tape... can't get much more temporary than that!!

Only took us an hour to make up too...

I've also heard of a Westfield guy who used to make a whole roof out of gaffer tape if he got caught out in the rain!!

Anyway, here's the pics, they've been posted before....

Image023.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image021.jpg