Chrome Wheel Repair

Jon Green

Hi Guy's,

My mums got an Mazda RX8 with chrome alloys..... very shiny....very expensive. Unfortunally my mum is often drawn towards kerbs as she drives past shops, turns around and parks. Her new chrome wheels aren't quite so shiny anymore! 2 out of 4 are kerbed, one badly.

Anyone any idea whether they can be repaired?

Cheers,

Jon

Guest yosamite sam

depends on a few things really -

1. where you live (in how easy it will be getting the wheel to be repaired)

2. is the damage deeply scraped (too deep may not be able to machine out)

3. if it is not too deep it will be possible there are loads of chromers about and loads of wheel people depends on where you are.. my instant thoughts are telling me - get a price on what a new wheel is - chroming a whole wheel aint cheap.. plus the repairs...

Guest timswait

Is there any point when they'll just get kerbed again?! What about investing in a set of wheel trims to put on when your mum drives the car to protect the wheels, you can take them off and admire the lovely shiny chrome underneath then!

:p

Each wheel is almost £400!! I think one is just a slight scratch 2mm deep but the other one has bits missing!!

Tim, I have suggested to her to keep the damaged wheels on for a few more months till she get used to the size of the car. She had a MX5 before this one, a lot smaller and better visibility!

Cheers for the advice.

Jon