Tax Time

Guest Petemate

Guest Petemate

Well, time to tax the Hood. So along came the reminder - and at the bottom left was a requirement for MOT. So I phoned the PO help-line Tel No, and the young lass the other end knew just what I was on about. She said not to worry, the computor picks up on the reg and automatically asks for an MOT. She said ignore it.... But I happen to know there is a battleaxe operating in our local sub-PO, so I went straight to the VLO in Oxford. She looked at the reminder, and said "you didn't go to the PO did you?" "No" I says "I've been there before..." She said none of them know enough, and I had my new disc in my hand a minute later. Moral - avoid the PO.

Pete

P.S. re the SORN, of course I got a reminder through the post, so I wrote asking for written confirmation that it was over & done with - within a week I got the reply, sorted.

Whew! Kit cars.....

Guest Battery Bill

Funny you should mention this Pete

I had the Tax Reminder from the DVLA and using the Number on the letter I taxed the car online and as I followed the process through it came up with a confirmation that the car was insured and MOT was exempt! <_< <_<

So it works as advertised for us at least, the only thing is now I have paid the £170 and have a letter confirming this, if the disk does not arrive before Wednesday will I have to stop driving the car or can I put the confirmation letter in the windscreen? :lol: :lol:

Guest Petemate

A further interesting point, which I forgot to mention, is I tried to tax it by phone. The voice at the other end said "make of vehicle unspecified", then went on to say it needed an MOT. I mentioned this at the VLO, but she said "pass", she hadn't come across this before. She said "don't worry, just come in here to tax it in future".

Very strange.

i have just tried to renew my tax online

its been on sorn since last month, so i have missed 1 month

tring to online, they tell me tax will start from 1/1/6

:gdit: :gdit:

think i will try tomorow

carried on till they asked for money,,, the lack of mot didnt seem a problem

Im Off to tax mine today, and can see the local PO being thick so I think Ill go the extra 3 miles to the DVLA!!

should have known better!!!

Though whilst I was going for stamps anyway may as well give it a go at the PO :gdit: :gdit:

so guess where Im of to this afternoon!!

Edited by stu205