Speeding Ticket

Guest macca

Guest macca

I've been a naughty boy!

Got spotted doing 95 in a 70 :wub: in Scotland.

I know in England its 4 or 5 points and a fine, is it something similar for Scotland?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

Should be 3 points & a fixed penalty same as in England... I got caught at a similar speed 4 or 5 years ago on an empty M1 by Nottingham by a speed camera that was put up for roadworks that didn't exist... :boohoo:

I've been a naughty boy!

Got spotted doing 95 in a 70  in Scotland.

More information needed, was it by a camera set-up on a bridge? was it by a plod in a car? exact circumstances required.

If it was by a camera, and you think it's got you, as you saw it, checked your speedo, then thought SH1TE! you could be lucky (I was!!) it could have been an ANPR camera, not a speed camera, also, if your speedo said 90 mph, you were probably only doing 83 -85 mph, and you could get away with it, wait 2 weeks to see what drops through your letterbox.

On the other-hand, if it was a plod in a car, tough luck, you should have been watching your mirrors better, make your donation to the Policemans ball fund.

NeilD, Yes that's a frightening picture, but unfortunately all too common (not usually with HGV's though) HGV drivers are not the kings of the road that they think they are, I can't mention on a public forum what I see on a daily basis, but it would scare anyone.

Yes I got caught too last year speeding in roadworks that diddn't exist :boohoo: 60MPH with three lanes of empty motorway all to myself, at 7.00 on a bankholiday morning. it's a wonder nobody was killed :o

Guest macca
More information needed, was it by a camera set-up on a bridge? was it by a plod in a car? exact circumstances required.

More info:

Got a letter yesterday (Notice of intended prosecution) from Dumfries and Galloway Constabulary. 95 in a 70 on the A74(M) Glasgow to Carlisle Road

There were 4 of us in the car (I was driving) camera van was right above my lane facing the front of the car. Is it worth me asking for the photo's?

I'm not signing the Section 172 form they are requesting as this is incriminating myself. According to "pepipoo.com"

Not sure whether to hold my hands up or run the gauntlet

Macca

Guest Alasdair
Talking of Scottish motorways here's what happened to me on the M9 yesterday
:blink: :blink: :blink:

Am I missing something here?

Were both these vehicles moving?

Who took the picture? :unsure:

Macca

Don't be daft. You got clocked and you need to accept the £60 and 3 points that they are offering you.

If you embark on a one-man crusade like 'pepipoo' and try to contest the evidence you will end up in a Magistrates Court or similar (in front of the Procurator Fiscal or something) you may well end up with more points and a higher fine. The conditional offer of fixed penalty is the minimum penalty for any offence of speeding.

You have also already declared that you were driving the car on the internet (you never know who reads this stuff) - any attempt to wriggle out could bring about procedings for attempting to pervert the course of justice, at which point you are inviting a custodial sentence. I think they still hang for this in Scotland :p

Sorry mate, but my advice to you would be accept the offer of the fixed penalty and put it down to experience. You were probably just within the threshold to allow this offence to be dealt with by fixed penalty. A mile or two per hour higher and they may have insisted on a personal appearance :unsure: :(