Speeding Ticket

Guest macca

I'm not signing the Section 172 form they are requesting as this is incriminating myself. According to "pepipoo.com"

Ps Did he have his conviction overturned? I don't think so. Do you want to accept his advice on this? Up to you but you do commit a further offence if you fail to declare who the driver was. At your own risk ...... :unsure:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest macca
Macca

Don't be daft. You got clocked and you need to accept the £60 and 3 points that they are offering you.

Sorry mate, but my advice to you would be accept the offer of the fixed penalty and put it down to experience. You were probably just within the threshold to allow this offence to be dealt with by fixed penalty. A mile or two per hour higher and they may have insisted on a personal appearance :unsure: :(

Enforcer cheers for the advice but.... I haven't had the offer of a fixed penalty. If this was guaranteed I'd jump at it! :huh: ! All they are asking at the minute is who was driving. ;)

I thought about this when I got done and in the end decided to play their game, you can get done big time if you try to beat the system. I was on my own in the car but you couldnt tell from the photos.

Guest vacinc

my uncle is the judge in Galloway, you call him uncle dave, he drinks quite alot, you"ll be fine if you get him midweek, ps dont call him dave, call him you worship (he likes that, prefably on one knee, while licking his boots) and before you ask, he does"nt do homers,

Guest gordon_macnab

I'd say £400 and six points!! that's what my boss got last year for 96 around the same area.

As for accepting fixed penalties etc a friend got caught at 45 in a 30 and replied to the fixed penalty notice only for them to say we've decided not to giove the fixed penalty and needed him to go to court..... so it's not guarenteed.

Guest timswait

What was that photo, was the HGV really going the wrong way down a motorway?

Your passenger must have had nerves of steel to take that photo, I'd have been too busy watching my life flashing before my eyes!

a friend got caught at 45 in a 30 and replied to the fixed penalty notice only for them to say we've decided not to giove the fixed penalty and needed him to go to court..... so it's not guarenteed.

I can only assume that your friend had other speeding convictions which the CPS thought were relevant to consider for sentencing purposes. However this usually only happens when a driver is on 9 points prior to the latest offence. These drivers need to attend the hearing in person as the normal disposal is short-term disqualification.

If that was his first speeding offence there would be no reason to deny him the conditional offer of fixed penalty. :blink:

Guest gavinc

think they might have got me yesterday on the same road...

i have been told to ask to see there footpath closure notice that they have to

register with the council, if they dint have this the van is parked illegally so the

speedy ticket cannot be enforced..

not sure i have the b*lls to argue it, if it arrives

only doing about 80 when i saw them.

hopefully hit the brakes in time..

and then to top it all after 900 miles in two days

got nicked for no seat belt less than a mile from home !!!

no points but £30 fine.. thanks officer

A friend of mine was caught a few months back late at night doing 45 in a 30, he got sent the notice of prosecution thing and decided there was no point going to court, as he would only get 3 points and £60 fine anyway so might aswell accept it, then got sent a letter saying they had decided to give him the strongest punishment possible for what he'd done 5 points £190! not a happy man and wished he'd gone to court as could'nt have got any worse!

Mike

If it goes to the Magistrates then you need to prepair a good case for mitigating circumstances and also some very good reasons why your fine should be kept to a minimum and you don't get a ban.

Mostly they don't want to ban you, you just need to give them reasons why not to.

I was happy last year with 6 points £180 and a solicitors bill of £350.

It's all relative Macca. But i do agree with enforcer, if you are banged to rights, take a deep breath and say "Sorry M'Lud"

Mike, slightly different scenario with your pal. Because speeding summonses are so common if it is a relatively minor infringement drivers are given the opportunity to plead guilty by post. The bench can still impose whatever penalty they see fit within the sentencing guidelines. I am surprised though that he wasn't offered the conditional offer of a fixed penalty; 45 mph is not extreme in anyone's book.

When I was a traffic officer in Thames Valley in the mid-nineties we had a prosecution threshold of 41 mph for a 30 limit. These days the static cameras will ping you at 35 mph. I do feel that is too harsh given the inaccuracy of modern speedos, but it is a fact that most pedestrians hit at 40 mph will die whereas most hit at 30mph survive.

I wonder whether in these circumstances it is better to go along, look smart, make the right noises in the box and demonstrate a bit of remorse... Magistrates are only local people who are equally likely to get the wrong side of a bit of speeding enforcement and are usually sympathetic. ;)

Guest craig cowley

if its any use i got caught by a lidar system about 6 years back apparantly at the time this was not admissable in court without a policemans statement to go with it so no chance of a fixed penalty.

wrote a i am guilty and very sorry remorsefull letter explaining that i was rushing to a customer who had a radioactive source with the shutter stuck open!!!

i was caught at 97.4mph in a 70mph got 5 points and £175 fine made me slow down a lot!!! (ive since worked out must have had an indicated speed of nearly 110mph)

hi

Quote:I do feel that is too harsh given the inaccuracy of modern speedos

I feel certain that some one took the manufacturer to court , and won!

when they were caught speeding.

He of course had his car tested and the speedo was found to be innacurate

Swan