Registration Descriptions.

ibrooks

Hi Chaps - and chapesses if there are any interested in this sort of thing.

Anyone know if it is difficult to change the body style on the reg documents?? :unsure:

Reason I ask is that I bought an S7 the other week and have been busy getting it towards an MOT. Now the guy I bought it from couldn't find the V5 but I was convinced it was registered correctly because he did have a tax disc reminder which described the car as a Robin Hood S7 - so given that I wasn't parting with too much money I didn't risk losing it over a technicality. Now the reg documents have arrived (in less than one week!!!!!) and I'm now worried. The make is Robin Hood and the model is S7 but the body type is Twin-axle rigid bodied four door saloon. :angry:

Now as far as I can remember I shouldn't have a problem getting the legalities sorted (Tax MOT Insurance) as they don't tend to check all these things match. The MOT man doesn't need to see the V5 and neither do the insurance companies (normally) does the body type go on the MOT certificate? If not then the post office person won't generally know any different so it won't stop me there. :ph34r: It's just that this feels like I am saving a problem for the future. Please tell me I'm not going to have to SVA another one!

With hindsight maybe this is why he couldn't "find" the V5. Anyone want to buy a load of spares from a cortina based S7? :(

Any ideas?

Iain

Guest daveg

Iain

I think you are worrying about nothing...Jon has already answered this one, I agree just mot and tax it and send the V5 for a correction...

Dave B)

Guest Andy Sparrow

hi Ian

I once nearly bought a yello Vindi which was registered as a 3500 cc Rover colour RED saloon

- now you might have problems with that, or the Spartan I saw the other week that was still registered as a Triumph Vitesse convertable.

Apparently there was an amnesty about 3 years ago, when you could just send in docs for corrections, but I inquired about amending the spartan docs & was told that I needed proof of when the change from Triumph to Spartan took place - or ELSE it would need an inspection / SVA.....

Sounds like a minor boob in this case as its already a Robin Hood so shouldnt be a problem getting it changed...... :D

A