2 Litre Twin Cam

Guest Brynjon

Guest Brynjon

Hi folks - having pondered over what can and cannot be done to these beasts of ours and thought to myself, 'What are you doing with a basic 1.6 pinto under the bonnet?'. I have decided to get myself a 2 litre twin cam from my mate Dave's scrappy before its too late and he buggers off to Oz.

He is busy searching through for a decent one and before I pull the trusty 1.6 out I thought I should ask the more - well how can I put it? - YES the more dirtyfingeredhammerfingeredrainedonmiserablebloodystuckonboltswishi'dneverstartedthisbloodylark of you whether there would be much of a clart on shoehorning one into my little beast.

Those of you who met me will know I wasn't the best with a spanner but always willing to lend an old rubber glove when one was needed.

I'm busy trying to leather cover a pair of old van seats - cheers for the idea.

If it is too much of a faff then I may just leave her as she is other than the seats and the fascia etc.

Cheers for now. Must tasche.

Beyn

Hi Bryn

Has Dave not got any old Astra GTE's or Cavalier SRI's or Calibras for that matter,

you will see alot more power than the DOHC engine.

See

http://nw.rhocar.org/engineswop.htm

To see how Jim did it

Mitch.

ps also looking for a ford V4 and auto gearbox for 70's transit if he as any lying about. No not for the Hood