Vehicle

Guest Petemate

Guest Petemate

Hi All

Some while ago, I think it was in Chit-chat, there was a link posted for entering a reg no, and it would come up with what the vehicle is registered as. I've searched but can't find it. Can some kind soul remember and remind me where it is ? Many thanks in anticipation. (going to a rod meet on Sunday and will be back armed with a list of registrations for which I will want to see if it says "Ford Tourer" or "Cortina Convertible".......!!)

Pete

Guest Petemate

Hi Nigel

Not yet.... Gonna have to save lots. I'll probably end up with some sort of "rat-rod", that way I don't have to worry about looks. Seems to be all the rage, a bit like the auto-equivilant of "distressed" look-alike antique furniture!! ^_^

Interesting results with the search - most of my old vehicles/bikes are now no more. :boohoo: Also, some of my prized pics of very nice rods have come up as dodgy, e.g. a nice looking Model A sedan which is registered as a Hillman saloon. :lol: Should be a larf when he next gets it MOT'd. And a gorgeous looking Model B coupe which is registered as a 1988 Lincoln...... <_<

Caveat emptor, eh?

Pete

Guest Petemate

I've done quite a lot of checks. Several came up with manufacture date either 2001 or 0001; I think this has a lot to do with when the V5 changed to V5c. The database has obviously thrown a few wobblies...

I also found a pic of a T-bucket, deffo currently owned by the same rodder for a few years. It's a pink lakes style, with a boot. Owner's name is Langy, and it comes up on the database as a Hillman Minx convertible. Either this is one of those database "errors", or he's going to have probs come the next MOT at a computer-uptated garage!

Pete